Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
Highlands Inn(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$199
$175
The Park On Main Hotel(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$229
$164
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$89
200 Main(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$165
Highlands Inn Lodge(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$156
Old Edwards Inn and Spa(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$325
Relais & Châteaux
$79
$75
$60
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubtennis courtsbreakfast basketstarbucks coffeethe eagle's nestmanager paulbox fanbalcony doorsunset decknice amenitiesfall colorslaid back atmosphereour room was spaciousthe north carolina mountainsrocking chairsbeautiful sceneryhiking trails
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We decided at the last minute to go "leave peaking" in North Georgia/North Carolina and this being the peak season most places were booked. We luckily found a room at the Skyline - we had stayed there 30 years ago and had a great time, but were a little apprehensive after reading some the reviews on TA. We booked a room in the Frank Lloyd Wright section and though not fancy is was very nice. The room had a view of the gorge, you can hear the waterfall below and a working fireplace (you can either purchase a fire log at the office for $6.00 or bring your own). There are no hair dryers in the room, so take your own. The management was "johnny on the spot" taking care of any issues (i.e. replacement of light bulb in the bathroom, needing matches to light the fireplace, etc). Not wanting to drive back to town for dinner we ate in the Skyline Restaurant and had a very good meal for both dinner and breakfast. Service a little slow, but we were there to relax. Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A corner room with a balcony/fireplace would be my choice in the Frank Lloyd Wright section. Being the oldest wing of the hotel, there is no AC and the heat is radiant heat in the ceiling. Heard from another guest that the heat/ac in the newer wing was very noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldianne
dilpickles, General Manager at Skyline Lodge and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

the 2 of you were a joy and we hope to see you again soon.
Dylan Doherty GM

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I read the reviews written about Skyline; however, the package for a 3 nights (weekday) stay drew me in.
The best part of the hotel was the FOOD! The restaurant is unquestionably unbelievable. I cannot rave enough about how fantastic the food was. We did not purchase a package however, I WISHED we had because we ate breakfast on Main Street ($40); it was not worth the money. We ate at Karlings Altitudes and when they say fine dining, they are SO TRUE! The food was unbelievable. Our breakfast there was almost half our meal in town and we had FRESH homemade bagels, and the best omelet my husband or me had ever eaten. More food for one person. The Chef (Jimmy), and his wife (Lily) were fantastic and made the experience even better!!
I will go back just so I can eat at the restaurant again! We are already planning to go back for Octoberfest to eat brunch. Can’t wait

Room Tip: don't do the upgrade on the left side of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rommelman
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had decided to come to the Skyline Lodge for Labor Day weekend. I called a couple of days before we left to ask about special rates and availability for the holiday weekend. Susan assured me they had rooms available and quoted me a 3 day weekend special of $369 + tax for a charming room with a king bed, fire place and balcony; plus 2 dinners, 1 lunch, and 2 breakfasts. Sounded great, right? Then on our way on Friday, I read the Trip Advisor comments and got worried. My husband said, let's go and check it out first. And check it out we did, we were given a grand tour upon arrival as we said we were not sure we'd stay. Surprise, surprise! Not only did we discover charming comfortable rooms (we were shown 3 to select from) but the well appointed public rooms, Moose Lounge, diningroom and outdoor sitting areas brought smiles to our faces. We were 'delighted' with our discovery of this place high up on Flat Mountain and then we had dinner at the restaurant, the 'D' for delight morphed to Double 'Ds' for delectable and delicious! What a tastebud experience. Chef Jimmy Buzza combines the common, green beans and collard greens to create a soup unlike any other topped with a swirl of sour cream and green apple. Lunch today was equally fabulous. We can't wait for tonight's dinner, husband Sea Bass and for me, Roasted Duck Montmorency.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank GypsySmiles

Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you this season.
Dylan Doherty GM

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our stay at Skyline was most relaxing and enjoyable. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. As for the negative reviews listed on trip advisor, well these people are obviously looking for a chain near a retail store and NOT the character, charm, or history Skyline Lodge offers! We have stayed in a lot of famous places and none felt as much like home as Skyline! We are so looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GemDandies
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have been here for several years and we will return. We rented a house here.
My husband and I came to the lodge 34 years ago for our tenth wedding anniversary.
We love the location.
Mary Sidney is the manager and she goes out of her way to make sure you have a wonderful trip.
Cheryl Fouts