“Fabulous Inn”

Main Street Inn Highlands
Ranked #6 of 7 Highlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Main Street Inn for a friend's wedding. The service from all the staff was exceptional. This is a beautiful Inn located in a great area of Highlands, NC on Main Street close to shops, restaurants, etc. I look forward to staying there again on a future trip.

Greg

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My Wife and I have stayed at the Main Street Inn many times over the last five years. For the money, there is no better value in Highlands! The rooms are comfortable and clean, the food is excellent and the service is wonderful.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First i will say that I made a last minute reservation so I got what was left. The pictures on their site of the Guest house make it look like it has some trees around it so you might think it is secluded. Well it is actually in the parking lot. a parking lot that is extremely well lit through the night. There no dark curtains to block the light so we hung a blanket over the window so we could sleep. The room next to us did the same. The owner should stay there once and I bet they would add curtains. Also the rooms in the guest house are really really small. Other than that the staff was great and the breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: Try the main house
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The innkeeper Sherry Owens gives her all to make your stay absolutely wonderful! The rooms are very comfortable with period furniture. The food is extraordinary in the Bistro with delightful filling breakfasts included in the price of the room. Outside or inside dining was available. Excellent location within walking distance of shops & restaurants. All employees go out of their way to make you feel welcome. You will enjoy!

Room Tip: Room 5 has a king bed and very roomy, most are a little smaller
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Service was impeccable. Clean, beautiful, understanding people. Lost our room key and management drove from their home at 1130PM to give us a new one. They also provided us a ride to town when we needed to buy things for a wedding we were attending. Overall was very impressed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthChina86
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time ever staying at anything but a true hotel/motel, so I have nothing to compare it to. I got in really late on a Sunday night and only stayed one night. There was nothing negative about the experience. Since I was a late arrival check in was "self serve" and I got my key and brought my bags into the room. It was a smaller room than the average hotel room, but very cozy feeling. It gave me the feeling that I was staying in my own home.

In the time we were there we never saw another person, but had the number to the person in charge in case we needed something. The fire was great that cold and rainy winter night, and the room was well heated (although the heater in the room was very loud and also finicky about being set to the proper temperature). I really have no complaints about our stay, especially for $89 a night.

I would definitely consider this place for a future stay in Highlands.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I spent our first summer holiday here, were married here and had our second and fifth anniversary here.
We love the mix of classic and contemporary. Pure white linens and excellent food. Friendly staff make you feel so welcome every time.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and my husband and I enjoy trying a different room every time we visit.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Main Street Inn Highlands? Share your experiences!