Fire Mountain Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
200 Main(Highlands)
View Hotel
Old Edwards Inn and Spa(Highlands)
Highlands Inn(Highlands)
View Hotel
All reviewshiram and matthewred thunderget awaymy husband and ieach morningmountain topviews are spectaculartree housepicnic lunchperfect hostshiking trailshelpful hostsmountain experiencegourmet breakfastperfect mountainshort driveattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Fire Mountain Inn was a recommendation. It was heavenly! The anticipation driving there was so exciting!! The mountains, the trees, the winding roads, and finally the private entrance leading to the Fire Mountain Inn. We were greeted by the owners of the Inn, Hiram and Mathew.
They are very professional, helpful, great hosts and so much fun! Hiram and Mathew have great taste and together have done a great job decorating each cottage. The place is very clean and comfortable, and well stocked with all the conveniences. Tucked away in the middle of nowhere, you wake up and voila, the majestic mountains appear in front of you. We enjoyed bunches being there and have to say we were very sad to leave. We highly recommend staying at the Fire Mountain Inn. It will be memorable, peaceful, fun and wholesome!!

Room Tip: Cabins are so much fun and private!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited during Christmas Holiday. I was a little bit worried to travel to the mountain by myself. But everything is exceeding my expectation, the cozy, lovely cabin, the warm welcoming, the detail guide provided by Hiram, Mathew and the guide book in the room!!!
It is convenient to connect to Highland downtown but you got this breathtaking mountain view with real peace and the time to yourself. The sunset of North Georgia Mountain is breathtaking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visited in October and our experience far exceeded our expectations. The property is beautiful and diverse with breathtaking views. The food was exceptional and an unexpected highlight of the weekend. Hiram and Matthew were incredibly gracious and accomodating. We arrived to a wine and cheese plate, our room in the Inn was lovely and we had fun walking the property, feeding apples to the horses and just relaxing. Hiram is wonderful at giving recommendations both for restaurants and for places to see. Many, many return guests were taking advantage of his insight. We loved it and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I visited at the end of September 2013. I was only able to stay for two nights and did not want to leave on the third day. Fire Mountain is the most amazing place I have ever stayed. The accomodations, food and personnel far exceeded my expectations. If you want to get away from the rat race going on in your life.....this is the place to be. NO TV's, Radios, Computers and etc. to distract you from enjoying the beautiful scenery and calm surroundings. No interruptions to have to deal with...it is just YOU getting to do what you want to do....when you want to do it. There are lots of sightseeing, hiking, shopping and a variety of things to do. Or even better do NOTHING! I am looking forward to return in the Spring 2014, for another amazing time away in those beautiful NC Mountains.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that you will be able to see the sunrise in the morning and the sunset at night. The views are amazing......takes your breathe away!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DJ S
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed at Fire Mountain Inn five times now. Experiencing it in a variety of ways as a family and as a romantic getaway. There truly is nothing comparable to this place anywhere on the east coast. It is an absolutely breathtaking experience. It is very different from the typical Hotel or Bed and Breakfast you will find along the east coast. This truly is for those looking for bonding, companionship, or peace and quiet. It really helps bring you back to what life is truly about. It pushes you to step away from the technological trance we have all fallen into within the past couple of years and really appreciate what a vacation really is. Being separated from technology is refreshing. Every time I stay at Fire Mountain Inn, it reminds me of what is important in life: family, friends and this beautiful world. I will be visiting Fire Mountain Inn on a frequent basis for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple