“Otherworldly”
Review of Fire Mountain Inn

Fire Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Highlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Fire Mountain is like no other place in our conscious existence…a haven where we literally feel our worries and stresses melt away…a place where noise, clutter and waste are replaced by peace, simplicity and respect.

We are multiple repeat guests @ Fire Mountain and every visit somehow tops the previous. Shortly after we met we decided to take a trip together; fortunately we were beyond blessed to find Fire Mountain. Without the noise and distractions of our lives, we explored each other’s souls and we discovered more about ourselves in those few days than we had in years. A few years later, on that same happy hill, my girlfriend became my fiancé…a feeling that I cannot describe with words. And now we’ve returned as wife and husband, wondering all the while what might’ve become if we hadn’t afforded ourselves the chance to honestly learn about each other, together, years ago at this special place…our favorite place.

There’s a song we sing to each other:

When the sun runs out and there's no one to save you,
Will you go to our favorite place and try to say goodbye?
At the end of, at the end of the world,
Will you find me, will you find me?
At the end of, at the end of the world,
Will you find me so that we can go together, together, together…

When that time comes, my wife and I know where to find each other…

Chris

1  Thank GTjacket02

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Fire Mountain is definitely the most unique place I have ever stayed. You are truly away from it all. By far the most positive comment I can make is about the staff. Everyone we came in contact with, specifically Matt, went out of their way to ensure we were having an enjoyable stay. Customer service is top notch here. The breakfasts each day were excellent and the view was remarkable. If you are looking to recharge your batteries and be pampered this is definitely the place to make it happen.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I believe that the best and most complete thing I can say about Fire Mountain and THIS STAY is that they are DEPENDABLE. I’m a multi-repeat visitor, and I’ve posted high praise before.

An earlier posting is at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g49215-d262981-r91563211-Fire_Mountain_Inn-Highlands_North_Carolina.html, and I’d write the same things today.

For THIS trip, I wanted to KNOW what to expect, and my expectations were again delightfully met.

Read the large number of very favorable reviews here. They are very believable, based on my several visits. No, they’re not the cheapest option, but the best won’t be the cheapest. Fire Mountain is exactly what it says it is.

The retreat is a delight, as are the hosts. I’ll be back…

Room Tip: Study the website, trust it. Cabins, Tree Houses, the Inn...all distinctly different. CALL and ask q...
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Once again, we had a lovely new years weekend at our favorite cabin at fire mtn inn. After a busy holiday, how wonderful to be quiet and still and reflect on the past year and dream of the one to come. My husband and I laid by the fire, read and napped. Excellent accommodations and most gracious hosts, we look forward to our next visit....

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We decided to escape to the mountains between Christmas and New Years and couldn't have been happier with our choice in accommodations. This was our first time in the highlands area so we didn't know what to expect. When we arrived we were greeted by Mathew and Hiram and their two King Charles Spaniels. Both took the time to recommend sights to see and restaurants around the area before showing us to our suite. We stayed in the Satohla room in the Inn and it was very spacious with beautiful mountain views. The whole property is secluded and makes you feel as if you are in the middle of nowhere which was a plus in our eyes. Each morning they prepared a delicious breakfast which was a great way to start the day. The attention to detail and service by the staff was exceptional and I would highly recommend Fire Mountain if you are looking for a few days to get away from the craziness of life.
The one piece of advice I would give to future guests is to call ahead and have Mathew or Hiram tell you about the different accomodations available at Fire Mountain. Some have bathtubs, some do not. Some have fire places, some do not. Take the time to make a phone call and find out which room (or cabin) has the features that you want.
Overall, a fantastic experience that puts you close enough to Highlands to take advantage of the town, while being far enough away to feel like you are the only people around. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAF0813
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This vacation was everything it promised and more. The accommodations were clean and beautiful. The breakfasts were excellent and set in a lovely atmosphere. Every attention to detail was made so our anniversary stay was exceptional. We chose to participate in some of the extras - massages and wine and fruit baskets - and I'm so glad we did. The views were incredible at both sunrise and sunset. The fireplace had limitless supplies of wood. The staff was friendly, helpful, articulate, and informed. We truly felt like royalty when we wanted help - and were left alone and undisturbed the rest of the time. The Inn is close to lots of hiking and shopping and dining and sightseeing yet removed enough for complete tranquility. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uncleotto
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Amazing views! Really 50 miles of mountain ranges. We stayed in Satohla. The room was spacious with a beautiful fireplace, a comfy couch, table and chairs and king bed. The view from the bed and couch of the sunset and sunrise were spectacular. Breakfast was a perfect amount of food with a lot of variety. Granola, frittata, raisin french toast with caramelized bananas, and sausage on our first morning. The only comment we would have is to update the bathrooms a bit. Other than that, a top-notch place!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
The Park On Main Hotel
#2 of 7 in Highlands
Highlands Inn
Highlands Inn
#6 of 7 in Highlands
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
The Chandler Inn
The Chandler Inn
#5 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Fire Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!