“So friendly!”

The Ugly Dog Pub-Highlands
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: The Ugly Dog Pub is a casual pub with food, beer, wine and mixed drinks. A great place to come meet friends or make friends. We feature Trivia Tuesday nights, Bluegrass music on Wednesdays and regional bands on Friday or Saturday nights. We also show sports on TV and special events to keep it fun. We are a relaxed place, so come on in and take a seat, or walk up to the bar and order a drink and something to eat. Hope to see you soon! We are open: Mon. 4pm - until Tues. thru Sun. 11:30 am - until
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My fiance and I arrived to the Highlands late on a weeknight and were very hungry. Even though the Ugly Dog was closing, they invited us in for a drink and some appetizers! We are beyond grateful for their friendliness, and the appetizers were very tasty! The decor at this bar is very fun and the staff is fantastic. We'll definitely go back the next time we're in the Highlands!

3  Thank travelingtarheel85
Kay C, Owner at The Ugly Dog Pub-Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I am so glad you had a great time, and I hope you can come again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I travelled to Highlands for the Resort Experience (Old Edwards Inn); after a few days I had the urge for something a little more down to earth - this is the spot! I wanted a relaxed atmosphere to watch the Masters Golf Tournament. I knew after a few beers and an appetizer this was the spot for me - local folks, good food and good service. I'll definitely hit the Ugly Dog again during my next visit to Highlands.

4  Thank TravelKeith001
Kay C, Owner at The Ugly Dog Pub-Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed everything and I hope you will be back again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great food, fun atmosphere, very friendly staff - a joy to visit & we do as often as we can! They have an array of vegetarian & carnivorous selections along with a fully stocked bar.

5  Thank NefariousBIG
Kay C, Owner at The Ugly Dog Pub-Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you so much for coming in and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Service was horrible. Food was ok, a lot of it was cold and seemed like it had been sitting out for a while. Not sure if we will go back

1  Thank P D
Kay C, Owner at The Ugly Dog Pub-Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for coming in and I have spoken with my staff about your comments for the night 21st. We appreciate your business and hope you will give The Ugly Dog another chance.
Kay

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a unique place that has a real "pub" feel. The food was very good, and how can you go wrong with your favorite beer, and I'm sure they have your favorite too. hey have live entertainment several ights, and one night they even have storytelling. We weren't there for that, but I am looking forward to the time when we can go be a part of it.

8  Thank o2bnchanted

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again!!!