“Disgusting”

Description: Chinese - Japanese
Description: Chinese - Japanese
“Disgusting”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Sushi was disgusting. I couldn't eat it. This place is the worst I've ever been. Avoid at all costs!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Mlkkeogh

“Golden Yuck!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited Golden China today for lunch around 1pm. One other table was in the restaurant. The fork on my table looked like it had never been used, as a matter of fact, it stuck to the napkin when I asked the waitress for a new one. Ewww. My cup had something dark and suspicious stuck on the side of it. Since this is near the end of their lunch "rush", they were out of a lot of things at the buffet. The egg drop soup was delicious, the spring rolls were decent, but I would opt out on anything else. I have no idea what the sign on the front door about being one of the Top 100 Chinese Restaurants in USA is about... It is an "ok" place to grab a bite, but nothing special at all!!

• Visited May 2013
“Great family resturtant”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I live in highlands and I have always had great food there. Yes he does have his son there. His son is no louder than another child. Their service has always been great and friendly. I feel sorry for the bad reviews maybe a family resturtant not great for them.

Cashiers, North Carolina
“Consistently excellent restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have read several negative reviews of this restaurant. I can only conclude these people are idiots.
My 89 year old mother and I have been going to Golden China about once a week, at least once every two weeks for over a year now, and I have NEVER had a bad meal. I have invited friends who come visit me. All have enjoyed it. Mom usually gets the Mongolian beef. I usually steal a little as she cannot eat a lot and is is so tender & tasty. I usually have a shrimp dish, always good. And the potrions are huge. Very reasonably priced. I just finished eating what I could not finish last night, and it was just as good as last night.
As far as the complaints I've read, the only legitimate one is that he does have his young son there at times playing games on his computer & can be a little bit loud. But it is a family restaurant. If you want fine dining you should go somewhere else and pay the price.
And someone said they paid and went to Subway. Must have bad taste if they think subway is better. I've never had an order messed up.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Carlos d
SW Florida
“Mystery meat!?”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I cannot eat any of their beef or chicken entrees. I think they buy the lowest quality meat available or perhaps it's roadkill. The dumplings are good but everything else is really awful. Skip this place. We have gotten carryout food here five times because it is the only Chinese place in Highlands. This was the last time for us.

• Visited April 2012