“Great family resturtant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Chinese - Japanese
Description: Chinese - Japanese
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I live in highlands and I have always had great food there. Yes he does have his son there. His son is no louder than another child. Their service has always been great and friendly. I feel sorry for the bad reviews maybe a family resturtant not great for them.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have read several negative reviews of this restaurant. I can only conclude these people are idiots.
My 89 year old mother and I have been going to Golden China about once a week, at least once every two weeks for over a year now, and I have NEVER had a bad meal. I have invited friends who come visit me. All have enjoyed it. Mom usually gets the Mongolian beef. I usually steal a little as she cannot eat a lot and is is so tender & tasty. I usually have a shrimp dish, always good. And the potrions are huge. Very reasonably priced. I just finished eating what I could not finish last night, and it was just as good as last night.
As far as the complaints I've read, the only legitimate one is that he does have his young son there at times playing games on his computer & can be a little bit loud. But it is a family restaurant. If you want fine dining you should go somewhere else and pay the price.
And someone said they paid and went to Subway. Must have bad taste if they think subway is better. I've never had an order messed up.

2  Thank Carlos d
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I cannot eat any of their beef or chicken entrees. I think they buy the lowest quality meat available or perhaps it's roadkill. The dumplings are good but everything else is really awful. Skip this place. We have gotten carryout food here five times because it is the only Chinese place in Highlands. This was the last time for us.

2  Thank EarthGirl51
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Do not be fooled by the " Top 100 Chinese restaurants in America" signage. I was not , but it made me laugh . I found the food not fit for consumption, payed, and ate at the Subway across the parking lot . The owners small child had cartoons blaring On a TV so loud you could not hear yourself think. . you have been warned.

3  Thank Travelsouth1
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This is the worst Chinese/Japanese restaurant I've ever picked up from. We called it in and the man on the phone said 45 minutes. When we picked it up it was not ready and waited another 45 minutes (the place was empty) and they forgot a salad. The fish in the sushi was questionably old. Horrible soggy egg rolls, tough beef and tangy vegetables. We felt lucky we did not get food poisioning. Save your $ and go somewhere else.

4  Thank bigpaJacksonville_FL