“Good BBQ very friendly staff with a nice atmosphere”
Review of Highlands Smokehouse - CLOSED

Highlands Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Good BBQ very friendly staff with a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I will say first off that I did not like the brisket - very dry. I loved the sides and everyone else in our family loved what they had so I give it a good review and will go back. My wife had their signature sandwich and inlaws had the ribs both with high marks. All sides were great. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012

Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
“Mountain Crusing”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good food and the place was clean and the wait staff was friendly!! Excellent food prices,too!!
Your in the mountains and the roads are narrow and very sharp turns and the natives up their
drive like there's no tomorrow!! So give yourself some time to turn off the road and know where
your going-Good luck!!

Orlando, Florida
“Slice of heaven”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We wandered upon the Smokehouse, by accident, and decided to stop for lunch as it was getting ready to rain and we were on motorcycles. We were impressed with the warmth of the bar and staff, got seated and waited on promptly. Luther was our waiter and was very accommodating. We had the fried pickle appetizer, the best ever! We had the pulled pork sandwich, ribs and a brisket sandwich. The ribs were awesome, as was the pork.. The brisket sandwich was good, but overpriced for the amount of meat that was on it. We really enjoyed our meal there, and they had a wide variety of beers. Fries were delish and we had watermelon salad, which was ok, considering I never heard of that before. I would definitely go back.

Columbus
“Rough start, could use friendlier staff.”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When we walked in we were ignored for several minutes by the few servers we saw. We were finally acknowledged by one somewhat surly server, and told she would be with us in a minute. She finally came back to seat us, and was none too friendly, and seated us in her section, Yipee. We finally did see a hostess of sorts, but she never maintained the front with regularity. We chose a combo platter with brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. When I asked the server if the ribs were spare or baby back, she gave me a somewhat annoyed look, because she obviously didn't know. I asked her, are they big thick ribs, or the shorter smaller ones, and she indicated that they were bigger so I surmised that they were spare. She really was giving the impression that we were really putting her out by being there, but she was the worst part of the experience. When the food came, it was certainly enough for the 3 of us to split. The ribs were not spare, very clearly baby backs, which you would think a person working in a BBQ place would know, but it didn't really matter to us which kind they were, so long as they were good. They were OK, not bad, not great. The brisket was a bit on the dry side, but had good flavor. The pulled pork was the best of all the meats. The sides we chose were cheese grits, and mac and cheese, and although they were good, the portion was very small. Overall, food was good, service, not so much. The place was nicely appointed and had a great atmosphere.

Nashville, Tennessee
“We got all the "Q" you need”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped into the Smokehouse for lunch one day during our visit. We were pleasantly suprised by the rustic sports bar surroudings and atmosphere. They had several flat screens in the right places for viewing your favorite game as well as a nice separate bar area if you just wanted a beer and appetizer. The menu has a good variety of choices for the whole family, including pimento cheese. The pork sandwich that I had was delicately smoked, and I had a choice of sauces that ranged from mustard-based, vinegar-based, and tomato-based, both hot and mild. I favor the tomato-based, and it was certainly up to par. This is a place you do not want to miss for a relaxed lunch or dinner while in Highlands - blue jeans preferred!!

Visited July 2012