“The best little market around”

Dusty's Meat Market
Ranked #18 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a grocery store/fresh meat market. In the back they will cut you fresh steaks, chicken, veal, whatever. They also have a deli that has the most amazing homemade soups( I recommend the lobster bisque) and sundried tomato bread. Fresh salads and a ton of homemade goodies in the freezer section. Do not miss this place!
Reviewed October 18, 2013

All the beef is prime; the caramel cakes are the best in the world - be sure to order yours in advance

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, had lunch today at Dusty's after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. The young lady who took our order was extremely helpful and recommended that we order one of the wraps since we wanted something to split. Not only was that great advice, but the two wraps that she identified as the most popular were excellent (the chicken/apple/cranberry and brie, and the Highlands chicken salad. Not only were the splits very generous, we were each given a big handful of chips and yummy dip! We topped off our meal with some of the homemade cookies among an assortment of delicious looking desserts. We will definitely be back. Wonderful food and attentive service.

1  Thank gottmantherapist
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Dusty's is famous for their hand cut meats. But, don't stop there. For a small store, it's loaded with great one of a kind items which will be sure to please. Last year they added an in house bakery and sandwich shop. A great wine selection awaits. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Not sure this review goes’ here but I have no idea where else to give this place the props it deserves. We went here because someone on Tripadviser mentioned that they have meat cut to order. First let me tell you I am a beef snob. Dry aged Prime bone aged rib steaks 2” thick are my vice. But almost impossible to find in the mountains of North Georgia where I live. They do not have bone in prime but they do have Choice non bone rib steaks cut to order. All at $2.00 a lb less then the large Grocery near my home charges. They were full of marbling and had the right amount of fat on the edges. If it was dry aged prime I would no use any seasoning other than salt and pepper. They have an Argentine seasoning I decided to try on the steaks. The meat was fantastic the seasoning was great. Oh buy the way they were cooking lunch and I smelled fantastic.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have always gone here and keep on going. We stopped in and got their cinnamon rolls and biscuits. We also got a cheese dip for our wine and crackers which we got here. The meats are great. This place has a lot of different things to try so make sure you stop.