“I wish we had found Ruka's earlier on our trip! ! !”
Review of Ruka's Table - CLOSED

Ruka's Table
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Street
Transit: Public Transportation is not available in Highlands. Private transportation is available through a "For Hire" service in the Highlands/Cashiers area. You may contact them by calling 828-526-8645 or emailing chasdash@rocketmail.com
Description: Ruka's Table embodies the spirit of Highlands with a casual but elegant atmosphere, excellent food and service, and a commitment to quality that we believe is unequaled. We buy as much local produce as possible to sustain our farming communities. Ruka's menu is an array of specials, salads, soups, appetizers, entrees, and desserts that are 100% house made from the finest quality ingredients that we can purchase. Our steaks are local, dry aged, hormone free meats of the highest grade. Our menu has a variety of seafood and poultry dishes and includes daily specials and our take on southern specialties. Ruka's features a beautiful, copper topped, full service bar that offers full menu dining and a huge assortment of craft beer, specialty cocktails, and a fantastic wine list. The bar is flanked by a large stone fireplace, and is situated under a 30 foot, beamed, cathedral ceiling.
Reviewed May 24, 2011

After stopping in at four restaurants to find something for teenagers who love filet mignon, I was thrilled to find Ruka's! We all had filet mignon but all decided on different side dishes. We were pleasantly surprised by all the food and wished we had found Ruka's before the night of our departure home! I am still craving the creamed peas with onion! Great service and good atmosphere. The dessert was memorable and I wish I could just dash up there for one more meal! ! When we go back Ruka's will be our first stop and maybe our last as well. I highly suggest it and ask the staff for suggestions as I did and you will be glad you did!

4  Thank HungryMomAL

Reviewed March 19, 2011

While in Highlands NC for he last 30 years, we often ate at what was called, "Fireside Inn." It was a cozy mountain restaurant with bears painted on the walls and a mountain decor. They had particularly good breakfasts. It was sold and it is now "Ruka's Table." To our surprise the interior has been completely renovated with a trendy feeling, but still cozy, and a wonderful place to dine. I had Kobe beef meatloaf and my husband had grass fed fillet of beef. Our meals were delicious. It also had a great bar scene and a nice roaring fire in the fire place. Our table was located next to the fireplace and we thought it was the best table in the house. It is our new found place to go in the lovely town of Highlands, located in Western North Carolina, in "Wright's Square," with plenty of parking.

3  Thank ConnieF
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We wanted to try something new in Highlands, NC and Ruka's Table was about 2 years old at the time of our visit. It had been about 4 years since my last visit to Highlands. I will start by saying that I have not a single negative thing to say about this restaurant, everything was excellent in every way. Our server was an absolute delight, and very helpful towards navigating the menu and helping us make our choices. They have a very extensive wine and drink menu, with many choices coming from many places all around. Exquisite American food choices. The best fried green tomato appetizer I have ever had, I also recommend the Bell's Best Brown Ale beer, from Michigan - very tasty full-flavored beer. I had the 6oz sirloin and my partner had the trout, both were absolutely perfect - each bite was a sensation of flavors, blended to perfection. We ended out meal with Irish Coffees and a sampler of their homemade sorbets - my favorite being the blood orange and rosemary, the chocolate was a close second. Atmosphere was calming and romantic, subtle lighting and a roaring fire complemented our table near the full bar. I have added this to my list of 10 or so most enjoyable meals of my life, I highly recommend having dinner here. We will return!

3  Thank ZTC1989
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I have been traveling to Highlands, North Carolina for years. My wife and I Try to always coming in the late fall. This year as we were driving by we noticed flashing lights on the outside of the build which initially attracted us to the venue. We decided to go in and had a blast, there is an amazing DJ playing on Friday nights that plays to everybody's liking. We have never experienced such a great atmosphere in highlands before. In addition we came back the next night to have dinner and was quickly indulged with the giant fireplace in the middle of the restaurant, the food was amazing, the service was great...I'm still craving the short rib taco till this day...Can't wait to make our annual trip back to highlands...

3  Thank johnrivers
Reviewed October 28, 2010

nice staff, attractive interior. Way too loud for pleasent dining, but a good place to party if you are young and loud. Food is Ok, but at the price, I exspected more. Price is for fine dining, quality is like a chain outfit.

1  Thank wombatfreak