“Try the enchiladas!”

El Azteca
Ranked #23 of 54 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Greenville, South Carolina
“Try the enchiladas!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I'm a picky Mexican food eater. We're from the land of tex-mex, and can easily find delicious food within a mile of our home.
That being said, El Azteca was pretty good. We went twice during our trip to the mountains.
The fajitas were so-so, but the shrimp enchiladas were divine!
Not too drowned in cheese, and had excellent flavor.
I'm kind of a queso snob, so the "cheese dip" was a disappointment (I realize that this may be a NC thing, soupy nacho cheese served as a cheese dip).
Service was friendly. Overall, we'll be back!

• Visited August 2014

Birmingham
“You have to try this place!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff; delicious food -- fresh! Local vegetables used as much as possible. No cans! Salsa is the BEST I have ever tasted (and I'm from Texas).

• Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here several times while on our week long vacation in Highlands. The food was great and the drinks from the bar were also very good. We ate on the outdoor patio which was dog friendly! The service was excellent. Will definitely be back again.

Visited June 2014
Arlington, TX
“Superb Mexican food in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Was on a group motorcycle ride when we found El Azteca in HIghlands on the way to the Bridal Veil Falls. Being from Texas, I was unsure of what we would find there but was very surprised. Fast service, good chip dip and excellent food. I had the chile rellenos and they were incredible, some of the best I've ever had. Others had chicken mole, mole enchiladas, cheese enchiladas and other dishes and every one of our large group had nothing but good things to say about the food. I would HIGHLY recommend this place, even if you have to drive a while to get there. A+

• Visited June 2014
Clemson, South Carolina
“A different kind of Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to this restaurant tonight. I found it to be very good. Ken was a very good server and was attentive to our need. I really like Mexican food and this restaurant rank very high on my list. Prices were reasonable and the food very good. I recommend the restaurant to all.

• Visited May 2014