“Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Sapphire, North Carolina
“Dinner”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went here for dinner, which I have done in the past. This place isn't consistent at all. I ordered the Mixed Fajitas low on Peppers, It arrived with normal peppers, and low on Onions. The Salsa was terrible. It was watery with what seemed just cilantro, and chopped Onions. with tomato water. Salsa to me has fresh tomato, cilantro, onions, peppers, and jalapeno's. and seasonings. SORRY .

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LizR64

Greenville, South Carolina
“Not so hot Mexican food.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went into this Restaurant, ordered Mix Fajita's and a Peach Margarita. They brought out the chips and Salsa(?) not what I expected It was watery, and had onions, cilantro, and I think chili powder or not sure. not the usual. The spanish rice had carrots in it thought that too be odd, but hey who knows. I was told earlier not to go here, I thought I would give it a try. Hmm, I don't think I will be back.

Sorry!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sapphireyes64
TampaBay
“Superb Mexican fare!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We like to go here often. It is somewhat out of the way located in the same small shopping plaza as Bryson's supermarket but there is always plentyof parking. My husband favors the fish tacos. I am nearly addicted to the huge shrimp cocktail. It comes in a large goblet with huge jumbo shrimp and avocado arund the rim. But wait, there's more...In the goblet you'll find even more shrimp in a zesty gaspacho like sauce. If you don't like spicy food you may request they tone it down a notch. We've never been disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Authentic and surprisingly wonderful”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I loved the options on the menu. They had veggie enchiladas, burritos and quesadillas with vegetables that I have never seen in a Mexican restaurant veggie choice before. The sauce on the enchiladas was not the acidic bright red kind, but a dark delicious red sauce. The salsa for the chips was similar. Black beans and rice were much more flavorful than the usual.
I was sorry that I couldn't try more things on the menu!

• Visited August 2012
Hoover, Alabama
“Authentic Southern Pacific Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

El Azteca's menu states that it serves "Authentic Southern Pacific Mexican Cuisine". Although I can't verify that is true, I can say that this is a healthy alternative to your standard taco, beans and rice type of Mexican restaurant. This restaurant serves excellent tasting Mexican food that my daughter and I considered healthy. I had the Azteca Taco Salad which was excellent!The grilled chicken on the top was the best I have ever had at a Mexican Restaurant and instead of having just lettuce as the base of the salad, there were mixed salad greens with black beans, fresh corn, carrots, tomatoes, and guacamole. Delicious! My daughter is a vegetarian and there were several options for her to choose from. She had the Veggie Enchiladas Michoacanas which she thoroughly enjoyed. I had a taste of her enchiladas and they were very good. The only negative comment I have about this restaurant is that the service is slow and our waiter wasn't as attentive as he should have been. That being said, most of the restaurants in this quaint town are quite high in price. If you are looking for a lower priced restaurant which serves great food in Highlands, this is the place for you!

• Visited July 2012