“Great food”
Review of Cyprus

Cyprus
Reserve with OpenTable
Cyprus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Award Winning Chef Nicholas Figel and Daniel Lefebvre introduce destination quality International Cuisine to Highlands, NC. In the Cyprus open kitchen, we take our inspiration from peasant foods and traditional cuisines from around the world. We hand harvest our vegetables and shop the ethnic markets to deliver authentic and traditional International flavors. We feature a unique regional menu, written and executed each day in the Cyprus kitchen, always by hand, and always using time honored, traditional cooking methods. The dining room is relaxing, inclusive, and a great place to enjoy great food and good times with friends. Cyprus International Cuisine, The most exciting dining destination in Highlands
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We loved the atmosphere and watching the chef cook. The menu was great and the food was good. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank Pamela F

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our last visit at Cyprus was great as always, we appreciate all the effort the staff put into to prepare such a variety of exotic dishes, using high quality and fresh products, I had Thai fish wrapped in banana leaves with coconut sauce, it was great, we enjoy tasting all these different flavors, thanks again!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had an exceptional dining experience. We followed the recommendation of prior reviewers and sat at the bar here we could watch the chef in action. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. A great surprise was the wonderful variety of entrees on the menu...it was like choosing a dish from your favorite part of the globe. And the use of fresh, local sources only adds to the experience. The quality was exceptional for the prices. Service was great. The ambiance was casual, friendly and gregarious. Sitting at the bar we got to visit with locals who shared their input as regulars. The chef and owner was also extremely engaging when not working hard. We will be returning soon. I would put it on my must do list for Highlands.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My in-laws took my wife and I there for our anniversary this past weekend.......the BEST seats are at the bar watching Nick and his crew making the outstanding meals. While I may have not eaten in a 5 star restaurant in Paris (I don’t like French food anyway), I have eaten meals from all over the world, and this was by far the greatest meal I have ever had. It starts with the service to the taste and includes the awesome presentation. Absolutely untouchable from St Armand’s Circle to Madrid to the Middle East to South or Central America. My in-laws love this place and I fully understand why! Nick has a well trained team that all appear to be fully invested to ensure that all dinners full enjoy their meal and the ambiance.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant a lot, and appreciated the creativity of the menu. But I think they may have been stretching themselves a bit too thin. The mussels were fresh but not very flavorful, and I'd say the same for the special appetizer we had. My lamb entree was very tasty, but the cookie for the lavender ice cream sandwich was so hard we couldn't break or bite into it.

5  Thank 699JaneM