“The GREATEST meal”
Review of Cyprus

Cyprus
Reserve with OpenTable
Cyprus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Award Winning Chef Nicholas Figel introduces destination quality International Cuisine to Highlands, NC. In the Cyprus open kitchen, we take our inspiration from peasant foods and traditional cuisines from around the world. We hand harvest our vegetables and shop the ethnic markets to deliver authentic and traditional International flavors. We feature a unique regional menu, written and executed each day in the Cyprus kitchen, always by hand, and always using time honored, traditional cooking methods. The dining room is relaxing, inclusive, and a great place to enjoy great food and good times with friends. Cyprus International Cuisine, The most exciting dining destination in Highlands
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My in-laws took my wife and I there for our anniversary this past weekend.......the BEST seats are at the bar watching Nick and his crew making the outstanding meals. While I may have not eaten in a 5 star restaurant in Paris (I don’t like French food anyway), I have eaten meals from all over the world, and this was by far the greatest meal I have ever had. It starts with the service to the taste and includes the awesome presentation. Absolutely untouchable from St Armand’s Circle to Madrid to the Middle East to South or Central America. My in-laws love this place and I fully understand why! Nick has a well trained team that all appear to be fully invested to ensure that all dinners full enjoy their meal and the ambiance.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant a lot, and appreciated the creativity of the menu. But I think they may have been stretching themselves a bit too thin. The mussels were fresh but not very flavorful, and I'd say the same for the special appetizer we had. My lamb entree was very tasty, but the cookie for the lavender ice cream sandwich was so hard we couldn't break or bite into it.

5  Thank 699JaneM
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Chef Nicholas Figel has created a colorful international cuisine. He is always seeking new ideas from all over the world, borrowing bits from diverse cultures, introducing new flavors and combinations. The results are always a treat for the guests and full of fun and discovery.
We eat there often and would recommend the adventure of the day!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant has great international cuisine as well as fine American offerings. They offer a great dining experience. Chef Nick Updates the menu frequently With new offerings. My wife had Japanese surf and turf which was a fillet with a lightly crusted lobster. I had the mussels and chorizo On a fantastic bed of handmade pasta with a wonderful sauce. Both of us give our meals five stars.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We only get to visit Nick and his team at Cyprus once every couple of months and it is always a treat. If you haven't been, one of the unique things about Cyprus is that they change the menu to a different international theme every week. This week was floating on the Danube, so there are items from Hungary, Romania and the Ukraine. Be sure to request seating at the bar overlooking the kitchen. Not only is it thoroughly entertaining to watch Nick prepare your meal, but you get to enjoy the fellowship of other diners. We're already looking forward to our next trip!