“International at its finest”
Review of Cyprus

Cyprus
Reserve with OpenTable
Cyprus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Award Winning Chef Nicholas Figel introduces destination quality International Cuisine to Highlands, NC. In the Cyprus open kitchen, we take our inspiration from peasant foods and traditional cuisines from around the world. We hand harvest our vegetables and shop the ethnic markets to deliver authentic and traditional International flavors. We feature a unique regional menu, written and executed each day in the Cyprus kitchen, always by hand, and always using time honored, traditional cooking methods. The dining room is relaxing, inclusive, and a great place to enjoy great food and good times with friends. Cyprus International Cuisine, The most exciting dining destination in Highlands
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant with a menu from around the world. Everything was outstanding and our server was highly knowledgable and helped us choose wisely. Calamari is highly recommended. This is a must go to when in Highlands and the best fine dining restaurant without the stuffiness. Yummy!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

If your looking for some international cuisine, Cyprus couldn't fit the bill any better. My husband and I like to try new foods and we received several recommendations to try out this restaurant. Each week the chef picks a certain area of the world from which to draw inspiration for his dishes--while we were visiting the location was in south america. My husband selected one of the specials- a south american barrel fish presented three ways. I had one of the staple dishes- mussels and chorizo. The food itself is amazing and very fresh. One of the things that also made an impression was the presentation of the food. It was beautiful- very colorful! I highly recommend visiting Cyprus. It is a dining experience you won't forget soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a couple of days in Highlands, NC visiting local art galleries and shops in the area. When I asked the hotel staff where a good restaurant was they would recommend, they immediately suggested the Cyprus restaurant just a few blocks away. We obtained reservations and visited them. Upon walking in, the staff warmly greeted us and explained the international format they use for their menu, highlighting different international cuisines each week. The cooking area was right inside the door and up front where customers could watch their food being prepared as it happened. You could see all the fresh ingredients right there. Although we weren't interested in trying the Egyption offerings of that week, we found plenty of other great options in the menu and picked a Mango Chicken entree with grilled vegetables. We also chose an appetizer of breads, crackers, and a few olive and veggie items that came with it. The appetizers arrived and were way beyond what we expected with freshly made flat breads, crackers, and hummas that was absolutely delicious! Our entrees arrived shortly later and every item was an exciting, flavorful adventure and nothing like what we expected to receive. I've had chicken in many restaurants around the world and this was hands down, the best I ever had with the incredible spices and sauces he used. While we ate, it was incredible how the different food items being prepared a few feet away would fill the restaurant with such amazing aromas that I wanted to try them all! Regarding the appetizer tray, my wife had bariatric surgery a few years back that requires a lot of focus on getting enough proteins and the hummas that came with the appetizer was so excellent, we both loved it and we're not fans of hummas normally. When the waitress asked how everything was, my wife mentioned how the hummas was an excellent protein for her situation and how we thoroughly enjoyed it, and we were amazed when the actual recipe used showed up at our table a few minutes later, hand-written by Chef Nick. As we were heading to the door after our meal, we stopped to thank Chef Nick and found him to be a warm, genuine person who took the time to chat a few minutes while he continued preparing his amazing dishes. This was one of the most memorable meals and experiences we have had in fine dining. This was our first visit to this restaurant and although we live 85 miles away, we will be making that trip many more times! We look forward to trying all his amazing dishes! We highly recommend you try the Cypress Restaurant in Highlands, NC for a memorable meal! Thanks!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Cyprus is a great restaurant in Highlands, NC. It is pricey but well worth it when compared to the other nice restaurants there. Nick is an amazing chef and an all around great guy. I would reccomend Cyprus to anyone!

1  Thank Doc_TDY
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This past weekend, we did our third and fourth visits to Cyprus Restaurant in Highlands, NC. Our experience was no less wonderful than on our previous visits. In fact out of the two evening meals we ate out, we chose Cyprus for both of them. The Mussels with Limbic (Belgian Beer) were so good we had them both evenings. I love the changing theme dishes that Chef Nick and Co. design. This week the theme was Ramses Court (Egypt). I had a lamb dish with filo layered vegetables with a mint flourish. Excellent! The Hanger Steak is still one of my favorites (steak and fries). But I think my new standard for a great meal is Cyprus' regular menu Tagliatelle Pasta with porcini mushrooms and baby snap peas. The sauce was wonderful, the combination of flavors amazing. And as always, sitting at the bar watching the process of creation just puts the experience over the top.