“Eating at Paoletti's is always a treat”

Ristorante Paoletti
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Next Door to Highlands Inn, Across Street from Old Edwards Inn
Description: Celebrating 33-years serving high quality Italian Cuisine in Highlands, North Carolina in 2017. We serve the area's largest selection of fresh coastal Seafood & Local Rainbow Trout. Specialties including Daily made Ravioli, Prime Grass-fed Steaks, Chops and Rack of Lamb and Gluten-Free options throughout the menu, pasta included. -Our daily menu and printed Daily Specials reflect seasonal and locally grown ingredients. Full Dinner Menu available at the Bar, where the single diner always feels welcome. To complement your meal we offer one of the deepest wine cellars in the Southeast. Infused Spirits, Craft Cocktails & Three-dozen Sparkling, Red and White selections are offered by-the-glass, nightly. With the Wine Spectator's 'Best of Award of Excellence' since 1987, we offer a plethora of fabulous selections to suit all tastes and budgets but outside wine is not permitted. We are located next door to Highlands Inn and across the street from the Old Edwards Inn on Main Street in Highlands. Treat yourself and your family to one of Highland's Finest Dining Experiences. Visa, Mastercard, American Express accepted. Dinner Reservations are accepted up to 30-day in advance of your desired dining date. To better serve our Guests, phone reservations are accepted and strongly recommended. Online, fax, email or Opentable reservations are not available.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner for our 20th wedding anniversary week in Highlands. We've been visiting Highlands and dining at Paoletti's since our 5th anniversary, coming here almost every year. What a fabulous restaurant, and we have never been disappointed with the food and ambiance. Be sure to make reservations since this is one of the most popular restaurants in Highlands. The wines are excellent as well. Our server, Laura, was excellent and the owner, Arthur, came by our table to inquire about our meal and to extend well-wishes on our anniversary. The complimentary Tiramisu for our anniversary dessert was huge and delicious. I am not a seafood eater and there are many choices for me, as well as diversity in the menu. It is worth the price in every way! We'll be back!!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were exploring Brevard NC and asking about other restaurants in the region to try. Someone told us to go to Highlands and there are several good restaurants. We could not get a reservation at any restaurant, but Ristorante Paoletti told us we could get to the bar, first come first serve. We took the change and are very glad we did. This is an excellent fine dining restaurant. We will drive to Highlands (2 hours) just to go back to this restaurant. They have an extensive wine selection. The down side is that is it high end and expensive. Their less expensive wines (a relative term) are still very good. We very good escargot, and exceptional tuna tartar. We had one of the best Caesar salads ever. For main entrée we had a perfectly prepared lobster and mushroom ravioli and the best cioppino that made one regret being full. While this is a somewhat expensive restaurant, it is high quality fine dining with great service (even at the bar) and quality worth the expense. We highly recommend it and will return. Also we understand from the staff that it is closed January to March so check to see if it is open during that time. Also do your best to make reservations, especially in July and August.

1  Thank UpstateExplorer
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Party of four celebrating my birthday (ouch 69). We knew Paoletti's always has good fish dinners. I had Halibut, husband had lobster, friend had trout. Husband said this morning, "I don't think I will order lobster again". It did not have a fresh texture and taste. Friend's Trout was excellent, nice medley of veggies. My halibut was wonderful. I did not know it was being served with Kale (cannot tolerate the fiber content) and when asked if I could exchange the kale, was told no. The rest of the meal was very good, ambiance is casual elegance, white table cloths, etc. Place is always busy, reservations necessary to get in. We chose a desert - bread pudding with walnut sauce. Definitely order that again! Price - $30 to $40ish; but, we knew the price scale from previous visits. Would recommend Paoletti's for good fish meals.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the second time I've been to this phenomenal restaurant... neither time did it disappoint. The first time I went was with a group of friends for a 40th birthday dinner- I had no idea of the name of the restaurant so when we arrived and I saw Paoletti's on the door I had a flashback to being 7 or 8 years old and my parents taking me with them to their favorite Italian restaurant in the Gables- what were the chances this was the same place? Pretty good, it turns out! Fast forward to last night where my husband and I joined my parents for a trip down memory lane. The evening was perfection- from the cocktails, to our delightful (and helpful) server, Tonia to being warmly greeted and doted on by Arthur, the owner. Oh, yes, and the food- WOW- absolutely delicious- the escargot was wonderful, and our entrees were amazing. My husband and mother went out on a limb (at Tonia's suggestion) and had the elk special. It was a treat for all the senses. Beautifully prepared and served- it was perfection on a plate. I had the cioppino- which was so delicious I ate until I couldn't put one more bite in my mouth. My father, true to form, went with the fish, which was wonderful as well. Thank you to the staff at Paolettis for making us feel so welcome and for delivering a lovely and memorable evening for my family.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food and wine were delicious. The biggest drawback was the noise level. It was difficult to hear one another