All reviews baked french toast other guests within walking distance to town grandmother's house each morning next morning highlands nc plenty of hot water deluxe king my husband and i bed was comfortable breakfast room flat screen main street fresh fruit long weekend randy
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I love this place so much. We stumbled upon it last year looking for a cozy get-a-way near the charming town of Highlands NC. Now, we go back as often as we can. It's quaint, cozy but with all the amenities of home. It's perfect for couples who want the bed and breakfast experience but with privacy. Plus, the breakfast is far from the ordinary and is always delicious. You have to visit to truly understand how amazing this place is.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I were in Highlands for a wedding and stayed at the Inn.It is very charming and the breakfast was wonderful!! Very laid back and peaceful.Rooms were extremely clean and cozy.Every room has its own private entrance.We stayed in a king room that was quite large and had a TV and sofa. The rooms also have a small fridge and microwave.We hated to leave but we will return again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I were looking to return to Highland's, a small elegant place we traveled to in the NC Mountains when our children were very young. About twenty-five years later, we found ourselves in the same beautiful area we so fondly remembered. Our trip was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We are in prison ministry so our funds did not match the Main Street Inn's that run over $300 nightly. I called the Chandler Inn and knew right away we had found our "special Place". The Inn keeper's, Randy and his wife were wonderful and very gracious hosts. She cooked different dishes that were absolutely out of this world both mornings. We were there to hike and photo the various waterfalls and their Inn is very easy to find and close to everything. Main St was only a couple blocks away.

We were just talking today about it's time for us to plan another Fall trip to Highland's for this year. And as far as where to stay? We'll return to this lovely place where our room was extremely clean and had a fire place and fridge. We also loved the Inn's brand of shampoo and soaps. My husband and I both loved the Rain Shower head and the bathroom was spotless!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrschaplaincoley
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to stay the night in the Highlands so started looking for a place on internet came across Chandler Inn had already called few other places and no vacancy unless you was staying two nights so ended up booking at Chandler Inn! It is a very quaint rustic little place I just fell in love with the charm of it not to mention the hospitality we received when we arrived it was kinda late when we arrived to! O and the breakfast was out of this world! She fixes it fresh every morning! She was so so kind, even offered me a glass of wine when we arrived cause I was little stressed from the trip!! Definately be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank justbeachy01
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our room was just okay - clean but dated. The air conditioner was on constantly for 24 hours before the room was cool. In fact the people in the room next to ours moved after the first night because their room never cooled off. We stated when we arrived that we did not eat onions or peppers. The next morning the egg casserole was as requested, but the second morning - the same casserole was served (which is not the norm in a bed and breakfast) and they "forgot" to leave out those ingredients. No apology was offered. As others have stated, breakfast was served on styrofoam plates with plastic forks. Decaf coffee was not available, and had to be requested each morning. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends