“Restaurant CLOSED!”

23 Steps Steak House
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We make a 50 mile trip today Oct. 26th to eat, what we heard, were the best steaks around. Upon arriving at the restaurant we found it closed. After asking at the visitor's center and a local business owner, we were told the restaurant had closed permanently. What a disapointment!

1  Thank msargent67

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We are frequent visitors to Highlands, traveling from Atlanta to escape the heat and for weekend getaways. Recently discovered 23 Steps and was amazed at the quality of the meat, attentive service and expansive wine list. With so many sides to choose from, we tried several with the beefsteak tomato and onion salad my favorite. Although you can dine inside or out, we enjoyed the ambiance of the cozy dining room. Strongly suggest you give it a try.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife & I have been to 23 Steps several times over the last few years. Everything we have ordered has been delicious! The value for the food is good. The chef, I believe, is Russian, and many of the staff are too, but the food is not ethnic but mostly American and French style.

There is a good wine list, and some very select wines available. There is a covered patio out back and when the breezes are blowing, it is a wonderful place to be. Get there early on Sundays to beat the church crowd - they are many and can be loud!

2  Thank David G G
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were celebrating my mother's Birthday at 23 Steps Steak House. It was 18 of us and we had a reservation for the inside dining room. But when we got there we changed our mind and decided to sit outside. The servers organized a big for us outside in like a few seconds. Everybody enjoyed. The had Dover Sole for special and it was phenomenal. Steaks were amazing. Our friends could cut them with a fork. Soooo tender.

Great wait staff, great food. We are going to be back in October. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went there last night. It was three of us. My friends had Lamb Shanks special. AMAZING! I had 12 oz NY Strip. It was cooked perfectly! Nice flavor, nice cut, delicious black truffle red wine reduction sauce.

Our server Dmitry was very attentive and polite.
Great wine selection. Highly recommend.