All reviewsdog beddog parkdog friendly hotelparking garagedog loversdog themebeautiful courtyardking suitecontinental breakfastmain streetheated floorsforever homewater bowllarge flat screen tvswonderful dogpet ownersboiled eggs
Reviewed July 18, 2018

This is really a wonderful suite hotel right in downtown Highlands, from your location you will be able to walk to excellent restaurants and shopping. This hotels allows dogs and cats but I will warn that your feline friend would probably prefer to be back home as here the dog is king, our room had a bed for the dog and a big feeding bowl. Checking in was efficient and the host made sure we knew how to find and get into the parking garage which is in a secured area under the hotel. Parking is very tight in the garage but in a town where parking can be an issue it is nice to have a spot. The room we had was spacious and I get the impression all rooms are nice size. The hotel does have free continental breakfast from 7-10 AM. Note if you have mobility issues the rooms on the mezzanine are not reachable by elevator but require the use of steps, This is a really nice hotel and deserves it's high rating.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
ParkOnMainHotel, Manager at The Park On Main Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you so much for the positive and informative review! We hope that you come back to see us again soon on your next visit to Highlands!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We needed a weekend getaway worth the stress of stealing the time. This was it! The Highlands in NC is a nature lover's wonderland, and the Park on Main Hotel, a fantastic dog friendly hotel. My husband and I were amazed by how easy it was to check in, get settled and begin enjoying our much-needed weekend away. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Highlands, yet is tucked away on a quiet corner. The main courtyard was stunning-with 2 main fountains and butterfly and hummingbird gardens. Large oversized flowering urns, were a delight. It was wonderful to have that as an extension of our room. The room was spacious and very nicely decorated. Classic, clean and comfortable furnishings, bathroom, was stellar, with marble step-in, extra large shower, and lighted vanity, AND THE BED, the most comfortable I've slept in in a while. Considering all we had to enjoy, the nightly rate was worth every penny. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Tdt135

Thank you for the great review and the amazing description of our courtyard terrace! We hope that you come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Our family loved this hotel! We stayed 3 nights in July 2018. The room was so clean and comfortable. Furniture is very "homey", not the generic hotel furniture you usually see. Breakfast in the morning in the lobby was a big plus. We were about the only ones in the hotel without a dog, but our kids just loved visiting with all the pets. The hotel even has a resident dog so my kids enjoyed playing with her in the courtyard. The location is perfect- just walk out the door and you are just steps from all the shops and restaurants on Main Street. Parking was easy. We loved everything about our stay at The Park on Main. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Highlands, NC.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Stephanie, thank you for the positive review! We're so glad that your children were able to spend some time with our foster dog. We hope that you and your family come back to see us again sometime soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

I had a lovely time staying at The Park on Main in Highlands, N.C. If any of you are looking for a dog friendly place to stay, this hotel is great. It is super comfortable and beyond clean. The bathroom is nice with all the luxuries needed and a big shower. There's a robe in the closet, iron, ironing board, and the sitting area has a Keurig and a refrigerator, along with bottled water. There's two televisions -- one in each room in the Queen suite. Oh -- and a private parking garage for this boutique hotel -- that's nice!
I walked right next door to get some Asian food and strolled all down Main Street last night.

They even have a dog bed and a bowl in the room and there is zero signs of a dog having been in here, other than that. No smell. No wear and tear. Nice!

I saw some sweet pups while here though. I loved seeing they were fostering a sweet older lab when I arrived. I believe her name is Louise. I wish I could have brought my dogs for this visit (Luke and Abby.) I was looking at property, and couldn't, but I will return and bring them with me to stay here.

I grabbed a muffin and coffee on my way out. There were quite a few other offerings for breakfast.

The employees were friendly and very helpful.

The outdoor patio area and fountains in the center of the hotel are peaceful and pretty.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Thank you so much for this great review, Diane! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Park On Main and we hope that you come back to see us again soon, except with Luke and Abby!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Wow! This hotel is amazing - High End Luxury, Amazing Location and Dog Friendly!

My husband and I stayed on the second floor with our dog for 2 nights in April 2018. The room was huge - sitting room, elaborate bathroom and then a separate bedroom with a balcony. I only wish that you could see the mountains from the hotel because then I probably never would have left! We don't like to leave our dog too often when we travel with her so we got take out one night and it was a pleasure to be able to eat in the sitting room and not have to eat in bed like a standard hotel room.

The hotel is right at the beginning of Main Street in Highlands which was the perfect location. There is a wine shop across the street where you can have a glass outside and bring your dog with you! There are several shops along Main Street but most did close early when we were there in April so you would need to plan to visit them during the day if you go that time of year.

Lastly but most important for us was that this place is dog friendly! They allow dogs in the lobby where they serve an elaborate continental breakfast each morning. They also have a small dog park about a block away for their guests. Lastly, they have an adorable courtyard in the hotel and we would have spent a lot more time there if the weather had been better when we visited. The staff always made our dog feel as welcome as we were!

I would highly recommend the Park on Main Hotel and the Highlands!

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Christie L

Christie, we really appreciate this amazing review! Hopefully, you all enjoyed your stay so much that you consider coming to stay with us again in the future! We look forward to seeing you again soon.