“Way to much mustard”

Add it.
Penn Station East Coast Subs
Ranked #75 of 283 Restaurants in High Point
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just had lunch here today and again I will rate my experience using the same criteria as I have used with other reviews, the most expensive should have the best food and the least expensive should not necessarily have the best food. Obviously it doesn't always work out like that. More often then not the least expensive places are the best. In the case of Penn Station, this is not my first visit, the food value is usually outstanding. Pay $6 and get a pretty decent sandwich and darn good fries. Today though, I ordered the cheesesteak and oddly enough it is served with pizza sauce, which doesn't appeal to me at all, onion, mayo, mustard, banana peppers and a few other things. I always leave off the pizza sauce, mayo and mustard. Today I decided to leave on the mustard and that is all I could taste. It has been 2 hours since I ate and I can still taste it. BTW, they use Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard. I'll go back but you can bet I'll never order a sandwich with mustard again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Best sub ever! My only complaint is the accessability from highway BUT well worth the trip! Suggest you give it a try.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Checked rating, was 95. Don't know how they got that. Food wasn't bad but was almost to eat it. WAY OVERPRICED. Was slow even though it was almost empty. I wonder why lol.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I went to East Coast Subs recently. Tuesday is Farmily Night. Be sure to ask for the special - Buy 1 get 1 free because they don't advertise it. The wait is minimal. The food is prepared fresh (not made in advance). The fries are to die for...freshly cut and not greasy. We've had the Steak, Italian and Veggie Subs and they all are very good. When we were there the restaurant had a 101% rating....super clean.

For the money, this restaurant can't be beat. Great food, great price and great service. The staff is also very friendly and seems to appreciate their customers.

I definitely recommend it.

1  Thank RoanokeBorn
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Best subs and fries in town hands down.