“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

Went here on an empty Saturday afternoon just after one o'clock. All of the previous reviews are correct. Absolutely delicious with excellent service at a reasonable price.

High Point, NC
“Had to try based on reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

Based on the reviews my wife and I decided we must try this restaurant. My wife has lived in the far east and grew up eating Oriental dishes. She liked the place so much that we went back again the next week. It is off the beaten path and looks like a small hole-in-the-wall place but don't be decieved. The Chef came out to great us on both visits and the food and service was excellent. This will be a new favorite on our list for the Triad area.

Kernersville, NC
“High Point's Hidden Gem does not disappoint!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

Drop what you are doing right now and go to this restaurant. It is that good. If you like PF Chang's, this is even better. My husband and I are amazed that this place isn't packed every single night. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic, the food always fresh and delicious. Want to change something up? No problem, tell the waitress and they will make it the way you want it. The kung pao chicken is awesome, the spring rolls and crab rangoons are too. The egg drop soup is out of this world, and I don't usually like it. Their sesame chicken is not heavy and all batter, like at most places. Tender pieces of chicken with a light breading. You get enough food for 2 meals, so that being considered, the price is amazing. We have taken other friends, and now they go, and tell their friends and family about it. If you want fresh delicious chinese food, not the greasy takeout you are used to, please try this restaurant!

Greenboro, NC
“Honest to goodness gourmet Chinese food in the Triad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

I'm a local fan of chef George's cooking at the Full Kee. My workmates and I used to go there every Friday for lunch, and we tried out so many things on (and off!) the menu, and everything we tried was fantastic. We went there when it was just a hole in the wall, and ate off paper plates, but the food brought us back week after week. Now it's remodeled, very fancy, but they have kept their lunch prices down for the working guys and gals.

I don't get to go there as much as of late, so it's a treat I look forward to. When the parents come out to visit, we all go out and have several entrees family style, using one of the lazy-susan tables, so we can sample everything. Just went again today, yum!

I love the Mongolian beef, rich with a great balance of heat, and every bit of fat and gristle is painstakingly carved away from each bite. General Tao's chicken, and it's cousin Orange Chicken, have a delightful sweet/spicy combo; the chicken is pounded thin and battered ever so lightly, and the sauce is so good we end up scraping the plate. The Shezuan (spelling?) Chicken is my wife's favorite, just a little spicy but with deep mouth-filling flavors. My favorite may be the seafood asparagus, since I'm a fresh asparagus fan. This one is a little more expensive on the lunch menu, but worth it. I also like anything with George's plum sauce, like the Peking duck.

Really, food this good deserves a wider audience. There are so few decent Chinese restaurants in the Triad, it's not that hard to be the best one. But the level of cooking mastery here is more on par with what you'd find in in a much larger city. Can't recommend it enough.

3 Thank mandomaj
High Point, NC
“You have to try this place if you love chinese food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

I was actually trying to find another restaurant whose menu I had picked up from the Food Lion counter a couple of weeks ago. The place I was looking for was a new Thai restaurant and had some interesting noodle dishes. Where I thought it was there was a Jazz club/restaurant instead. Still driving around the clusters of buildings behind the Gate and Biscuitville I noticed the place named Full Kee Gourmet Chinese. Tired and hungry from readying the house for the Fourth of July party on Saturday, we decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is very out of the way, next to the spa my wife used to go to regularly when we had more money for those niceties like mani-pedi's. I digress, anyway, the parking lot had about 7-8 cars with this being the only business on that side of the complex, we figured someone must like it, so let's give it a shot.

So glad that we did. The atmosphere was very chic and well designed. Tables spaced far enough apart, so that there was some feeling of privacy. The server, Samantha was very pleasant and helpful. I love dumplings and spring rolls, order them whenever I try a new Chinese place and use it as a gauge on the overall food. The dumplings and spring rolls were excellent, so I already knew we were in for a great meal, before the main courses arrived. I spent two years in the Marine Corps stationed in Japan, although they call them Gyoza there, they are pretty much the same thing as a Chinese dumpling.

The dumplings were extraordinary, as was the dipping sauce for it. The spring rolls were crisp and tasty, paired with a great sweet dipping sauce and hot mustard (if you like that). There were numerous choices of delicious sounding foods to choose from, so many that it became confusing as to which we should choose. I was stuck between the Shanghia fried noodles, and Full Kee lo mein ( I love noodles too). My wife was deciding between shrimp dishes. She asked Samantha about the Full Kee shrimp, and was intrigued enough by the description to settle on that as her choice.

It was the best shrimp she had ever eaten (her words not mine). Although there were two styles of shrimp in the meal, she loved them both. One was in a white sauce, the other was a brown walnut sauce, the shrimp had only steamed broccoli on the plate and a side of rice, which made the shrimp flavors stand out even more.

The Shanghia noodles were loaded with pork, chicken and shrimp, onions (both white and spring onions), green peppers, carrots and awesome flavor. There must have been some hot chili's in there as well, because the noodles had a great kick to them as well which I had not expected, but was pleased with the results. We shared the two orders among ourselves and were extremely satisfied with the overall experience.

Even as we were paying the bill, which considering the meal and appetizers seemed modest, and already planning on which of our friends and family would love to come with us next time. During the cookout on the Fourth, we raved about the Full Kee experience to our gathering, and invited several to accompany us on another trip to the restaurant.

This has to be one of the best kept secrets in High Point. I had never heard of it before, or seen an advertisement for it. Samantha stated that mostly they rely on word of mouth advertising, so they have had a fair share from me. If you love food, and want to try something new and awesome, take a turn on Samet Drive and around the corner from Biscuitville is this little out of the way Jewel. You will not be disappointed, bring a friend, or tell them about it after.

See you there.