“You have to try this place if you love chinese food.”
Review of Ful Kee Restaurant

Ful Kee Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 283 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I was actually trying to find another restaurant whose menu I had picked up from the Food Lion counter a couple of weeks ago. The place I was looking for was a new Thai restaurant and had some interesting noodle dishes. Where I thought it was there was a Jazz club/restaurant instead. Still driving around the clusters of buildings behind the Gate and Biscuitville I noticed the place named Full Kee Gourmet Chinese. Tired and hungry from readying the house for the Fourth of July party on Saturday, we decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is very out of the way, next to the spa my wife used to go to regularly when we had more money for those niceties like mani-pedi's. I digress, anyway, the parking lot had about 7-8 cars with this being the only business on that side of the complex, we figured someone must like it, so let's give it a shot.

So glad that we did. The atmosphere was very chic and well designed. Tables spaced far enough apart, so that there was some feeling of privacy. The server, Samantha was very pleasant and helpful. I love dumplings and spring rolls, order them whenever I try a new Chinese place and use it as a gauge on the overall food. The dumplings and spring rolls were excellent, so I already knew we were in for a great meal, before the main courses arrived. I spent two years in the Marine Corps stationed in Japan, although they call them Gyoza there, they are pretty much the same thing as a Chinese dumpling.

The dumplings were extraordinary, as was the dipping sauce for it. The spring rolls were crisp and tasty, paired with a great sweet dipping sauce and hot mustard (if you like that). There were numerous choices of delicious sounding foods to choose from, so many that it became confusing as to which we should choose. I was stuck between the Shanghia fried noodles, and Full Kee lo mein ( I love noodles too). My wife was deciding between shrimp dishes. She asked Samantha about the Full Kee shrimp, and was intrigued enough by the description to settle on that as her choice.

It was the best shrimp she had ever eaten (her words not mine). Although there were two styles of shrimp in the meal, she loved them both. One was in a white sauce, the other was a brown walnut sauce, the shrimp had only steamed broccoli on the plate and a side of rice, which made the shrimp flavors stand out even more.

The Shanghia noodles were loaded with pork, chicken and shrimp, onions (both white and spring onions), green peppers, carrots and awesome flavor. There must have been some hot chili's in there as well, because the noodles had a great kick to them as well which I had not expected, but was pleased with the results. We shared the two orders among ourselves and were extremely satisfied with the overall experience.

Even as we were paying the bill, which considering the meal and appetizers seemed modest, and already planning on which of our friends and family would love to come with us next time. During the cookout on the Fourth, we raved about the Full Kee experience to our gathering, and invited several to accompany us on another trip to the restaurant.

This has to be one of the best kept secrets in High Point. I had never heard of it before, or seen an advertisement for it. Samantha stated that mostly they rely on word of mouth advertising, so they have had a fair share from me. If you love food, and want to try something new and awesome, take a turn on Samet Drive and around the corner from Biscuitville is this little out of the way Jewel. You will not be disappointed, bring a friend, or tell them about it after.

See you there.

Mike
OldMarineDAV@yahoo.com

4  Thank OldMarineDAV

Reviewed August 24, 2008

As recent as four weeks ago I was looking for a Chinese Restaurant that could provide me and my family with excellent Chinese food every visit. That search has been in progress since my favorite Chinese restaurant closed its doors several years ago in nearby Greensboro. I have now found such a restaurant. The Full Kee is incredible. This location started out as a take-out only. After business went so well, the owner expanded and added seating for about 40 to 50 customers. The food is excellent every time. Since being introduced to this location four weeks ago by friends, I have returned three more times. Each time the food is perfect, the service excellent, and the experience as a whole, outstanding. This is not one of your mass-feeding experiences. Each meal is quickly prepared as you order it. Again, the service is always friendly and efficient. My biggest gripe about Chinese restaurants is the occasional piece of chicken or pork that consists of something that you cannot chew up completely. You will not find that at Full Kee. The only drawback is that this location is not marked well although It is in a nice building barely a few years old. The address is Samet Drive but it actually faces Sutton Way, which is a two block connector street between Samet Dive and Eastchester Drive (Hwy 68). From the front door, you can see the popular Carter Brothers BBQ to the east and the also popuar Biscuitville restaurant to the west. If you are looking for the Chinese restaurant you will want to visit a couple of times a week, this is it. It provides the best Chinese food I have eaten in this area and surrounding cities in a long time.

2  Thank David500