“Best In HP!”

Claddagh Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #20 of 275 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Point, North Carolina
“Best In HP!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you want a great meal in a cozy atmosphere, this is the place. Fast and friendly service with a great meal. My favorite dish is Chicken Blarney, but go no where else for a hamburger - Claddagh has the best burgers bar none.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
High Point, North Carolina
“Huge fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I go here often. The weekend brunch is delicious. For dinner I usually get the bangers and mash or the fish and chips. I usually have enough left for a meal the next day. The ambiance is very romantic and the service is exceptional.

Visited November 2013
New Yorker in NC
“Great homemade food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This isn't the fanciest or newest place on earth, but it has it's own charm. It's also much cozier inside than it may look from the outside. The prices are decent and they have some great drafts on tap. Their homemade corned beef makes the best Reuben I've had in many years and excellent corn beef hash which my husband loves. We usually go for brunch on sat or sun because it goes til 3pm- another benefit for late risers

Visited September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Irish in name, nothing irish on the plate that you ordered per menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Website's sample menu included a Scotch Egg so I went. A what??? They say. Hostess never heard of it. Oh, they haven't served that in YEARS. Where did you get that idea? Uhh... off your website, yesterday.

Posters of Ireland, uhuh. Irish Muzak. Whatever.

An Irish accent... a British accent? Anybody? Nope, not one. Sorry but a lot of green teddy bears and posters of places that might be in Ireland and some maps does not make this an Irish pub.

Menu... Schezwan, meatloaf, something in a wrap, Southern Fried something, seriously? I want to see Irish grub!! Spuds, cabbage, leeks, greens, veggies, nope. There's something called a Chicken Pot Pie. It's not. You get a bowl of chicken, spuds, peas, carrots, all neatly cut into cubes pretty much like it came out of a can. On top, there's no crust, the top comes in a block of puff pastry just stuck on top. This is not a pie. A pie in Ireland has a top, sides, and a bottom. That's a pie. Giving me the pie in a lump? That's not a pie.

I also deduct big points when the place is 90% empty but they choose to seat you and the next group side by side, for their convenience, while the other tables are still 90% empty. No privacy. I won't be going back.

Visited June 2013
NC
“review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I think they thought I was a food critic - they treated me like royalty. I honestly forget this place is here... I should go more often!