“Huge fish and chips”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I go here often. The weekend brunch is delicious. For dinner I usually get the bangers and mash or the fish and chips. I usually have enough left for a meal the next day. The ambiance is very romantic and the service is exceptional.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This isn't the fanciest or newest place on earth, but it has it's own charm. It's also much cozier inside than it may look from the outside. The prices are decent and they have some great drafts on tap. Their homemade corned beef makes the best Reuben I've had in many years and excellent corn beef hash which my husband loves. We usually go for brunch on sat or sun because it goes til 3pm- another benefit for late risers

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Website's sample menu included a Scotch Egg so I went. A what??? They say. Hostess never heard of it. Oh, they haven't served that in YEARS. Where did you get that idea? Uhh... off your website, yesterday.

Posters of Ireland, uhuh. Irish Muzak. Whatever.

An Irish accent... a British accent? Anybody? Nope, not one. Sorry but a lot of green teddy bears and posters of places that might be in Ireland and some maps does not make this an Irish pub.

Menu... Schezwan, meatloaf, something in a wrap, Southern Fried something, seriously? I want to see Irish grub!! Spuds, cabbage, leeks, greens, veggies, nope. There's something called a Chicken Pot Pie. It's not. You get a bowl of chicken, spuds, peas, carrots, all neatly cut into cubes pretty much like it came out of a can. On top, there's no crust, the top comes in a block of puff pastry just stuck on top. This is not a pie. A pie in Ireland has a top, sides, and a bottom. That's a pie. Giving me the pie in a lump? That's not a pie.

I also deduct big points when the place is 90% empty but they choose to seat you and the next group side by side, for their convenience, while the other tables are still 90% empty. No privacy. I won't be going back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I think they thought I was a food critic - they treated me like royalty. I honestly forget this place is here... I should go more often!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food, the service and atmosphere was excellent.....price was a bit much.....but worth it for a treat