“Second time here and slipping.....”
Review of Blue Water Grill

Blue Water Grill
Ranked #3 of 281 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Owner/Chef Paul Riggan is serving an artistically infused menu with creations influenced from French, Asian, Caribbean and low country cuisines. Potato Crusted Salmon, a delectable Stealhead Carolina Trout as well as nightly specials await your selection. Feel free to look through the menus section to see the wide variety of food offered. Wonderful cuisines which range from Veal Crostini to a very tasty BBQ Duck Confit served over smoked cheddar polenta, locally grown collard greens and finished with a tangy barbecue sauce. Blue Water Grilled also offers a wide variety of non-seafood entrees including beef tenderloin. - See more at: http://www.Bluewatergrillenc.Com/About-Us#sthash.TtdOQswA.Dpuf
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Second time here and slipping.....”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here recently and we were not as impressed as we were the first time. Our reservations were at 6:30 so they were not packed at the time and we thought we would have quick service and food delivery. Not so.
We ordered Calamari and crab dip and were served two calamari apps.. The waitress thought that was what we ordered. It was corrected. both were tasty yet small for the price.
Our entrees were cold. Not warm, not hot. Cold.
My first martini was awesome. The second not so much. A friend who was with us ordered another glass of wine when her entree arrived and after 3 requests it finally arrived.
The restaurant was full at this point.
I ordered the chocolate tort for dessert and it was fabulous as was the cheesecake. I did not hear any complaint from our friends about the Key lime pie either.
We will return here, but if we have another experience like this .... it will be our last. Hope to see some more positive reviews in the near future!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Abycats

Summerfield, North Carolina
“Not hot, what a shame”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Came here as part of a small b day celebration. Enjoyed crab dip and calamari with a couple of dirty martinis. All were good, though the value of the crab dip is a bit questionable. I ordered the Grouper Oscar, the wife scallops, one daughter, lobster mac, the other shrimp and grits. A friend dining with us ordered the oscar as well. The frustration we have is that while the oscars tasted great, the mashed potatoes which the fish and crab sat atop were stone cold. I have no problem paying $30 for an entree, but at that level, I do expect things to at least be hot through and through. To miss on mashed, just unacceptable. The wife also questioned whether her scallops were cooked through. The kids plates were terrific, they enjoyed them.

The other reasion for the three rating was a serious lapse in service, half way through the meal. When the entrees were delivered, my friends' wife asked for another glass of wine. 10-15 minutes later, we had to flag down the waitress to ask again fro the wine. Kind of ruins the experience when one can't enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner.

We've been here before an had a great experiece, so this won't chase us off, but this is strike one for us.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank wynuovr
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Very nice but hard to locate”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Great experience but actually I was surprised because it was quite pricy. The food is very good, well presented, and tasty. The salad was very unique. Give yourself a few extra minutes to find the restaurant because it is hard to find.

1 Thank David H
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Hard to find, but worth the hunt”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I went there thanks to some Trip Advisor reviews and it was well worth the hunt to find it (GPS necessary). I eat salmon everywhere, but this was the best. There was a choice of five sauces and I picked the Bernaise, which was perfect. My husband had scallops, cooked just right. We shared the crab dip, which was full of crab and delightful. The decor was very nice and the wait staff was very attentive. It was a nice surprise in High Point for us, although it has apparently been in business quite a while. For what you get, the prices are not out of proportion with other fine eateries.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank thisisrocky11
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Top Rate”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went there early on a Friday evening before going to the theatre.

Our server was at our table within a minute of our seating. For wine she recommend a white Bordeaux since we were both having fish. It was an excellent match for our entrees. The wine list is average to very good.

Food: First we had the crap dip appetizer. Large chunks of crap in a creamy sauce. Served with a hard crusted bread. One of the best I have ever had. I had the potato crusted salmon. It comes with a creamy shrimp sauce placed on the top of mashed potatoes and green beans. My wife had grouper with asparagus. The fish was cooked to perfection for both dishes. Presentation was excellent.

Overall: Yes it is upscale in the pricing, but this is gourmet prepared food. You also pay more for cloth napkins and white table cloths. Service was excellent, but we did eat early. It would be interesting to see if service is as good later in the evening. Our dining experience would rate as almost near perfect.

• Visited December 2012