“Best Wings in the Triad”

Big Ed's Chicken Pit
Ranked #123 of 283 Restaurants in High Point
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The wings at Big Ed's are my favorite in the triad, in the true Buffalo style with no breading and a vinegar based sauce. If you like really hot, ask for the "off menu" Code 14 Sauce, but only if you can handle some habanero style heat, otherwise they have lots of heat levels and sauces from Teriyaki to BBQ. Their chicken pie is nothing like any "pot pie" you have ever had, the flakiest home made crust ever, and packed full of tender chicken, with just enough gravy/sauce to keep it moist. I have tried the BBQ chicken and it was great, but I am usually torn between the wings or the chicken pie. Try to save room for some desert, as their homemade cakes have been reviewed in both Southern Living and Carolina magazine. The mounds cake is just incredible, and I have never had one I didn't like. They were closed for a while this summer for some renovations, but back in full swing now. We live close by so get takeout wings from here often.

2  Thank cndij

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Its been several years since my husband and I went to Big Eds. I honestly thought they were closed on Sat and at night during the week. Nope. Wrong. We went in today and I had veggies. Mac n cheese, collards, and pasta salad. Oh my! That was the best I believe that I have ever had. Delicious . Fantastic. Must try. My hubby had chicken salad sandwich. It was fantastic. They typically have all homemade desserts but they were sold out today. :-( this restaurant is off the beaten path, off N. Main Street in High Point. Decor is rustic and it's small but it is oh so worth it. They don't take debit, credit cards or checks. Cash only. No worries though there is an ATM right inside if you forget! I highly recommend this place!

2  Thank family2010of4
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This was one of my favorite chicken restaurants. Once the owners split up, it was down hill from there. I don't know what happened, but the food is not what it was. The owners where always there, now it looks like it's run by a bunch of teenagers. Please let us know if things change. I really miss the old Ed's Chicken Shack.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I've been once and really enjoyed the chicken. Different BBQ style (fried then barbecued) but very tasty. Tiny but clean dining room.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook