“Consistently Excellent”

Kepley's Barbecue
Ranked #13 of 297 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a native of High Point, NC, I have been going to Kepley's Barbecue since I was old enough to eat solid food. Bob and Charlie have kept the same consistent formula for decades and I believe the barbecue, slaw and hush puppies set the standard. Of course I am somewhat prejudiced as I am always treated like family whenever we stop by, but am pleased that this faithful stalwart of "Barbecue Heaven" continues to thrive.

1  Thank Michael G

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food was good but the staff stood aroung and texted and never came back once the put our food on the table.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

O.K. I agree about the hushpuppies: they were the best I had while visiting NC period! However...I was really looking forward to some good bbq and this place fell short this time. I got the large chopped sandwich and it didn't have that smokey bbq taste that NC bbq should. It also seemed dry. I have to say I was disappointed this visit and so were the other people with me. Cool how he will ship to you but I'd be afraid to spend all the money to get the quality we had this time? Wonder what the deal was? The owner is a nice man though :)

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am going to take the word from NC folks who both highly recommended this place while we were in town and who have written reviews-that this is the best "NC BBQ". I love to try the local food, and 600 hundred miles from home, you won't find me in a chain restaurant. The old decor of this 50's style place was quaint and nostalgic. So was the owner! He was so friendly and funny, made us feel right at home in this little "dive." Clean, great service, friendly staff and great value. The peach cobbler was fabulous and so were the homemade hushpuppies. However, I am from the "D" and this NC BBQ is not my cup of tea. I can say I tried it, the meat was lean, juicy and tender. So just as I pass on the NC BBQ sauce at Slow's in Detroit (they have 5 flavors from which to choose-more like Corkey's from Memphis or Arthur Bryants from KC), so shall I pass on this vinagar based stuff in the heart of where it was produced. I would go back just for the hushpuppies, but I remember to bring some BBQ sauce from home. Just because I don't care for NC BBQ style sauce, doesn't mean everything else, including the meat itself wasn't fabulous!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

If your looking for authentic NC vinegar based BBQ, this is it! No frills, inexpensive, just great Q! The cole slaw is also vinegar based. I live here, and this is one of the best places to visit if you want to experience true NC taste. This is not a fancy place. Older decor. A BBQ platter can be had for $6.50 which includes BBQ, slaw, and fries.

1  Thank P S