“"Excellent Stay"”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Quality inn in High point Nc a vary pleasant experience. The staff was good and friendly. All of our needs were taken care of. The room was large and it was clean. Our breakfast in the morning was very good.There ware many selections and included hot selections like waffle and eggs. We had a good time and if were in the area again I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Ricky P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks. We strive to exceed the expectations of each of our guests' during their stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to High Point.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I arrived late and there was some confusion with wanting to pay cash and not have a charge on my card. However, all of that was taken care of. Management is not so friendly. It didn't feel inviting at all. I thought I would save some money by the hotel providing breakfast. That was a mistake. Not much of a selection at all. The yogurt was over 5 days expired, so I could only imagine how long the boiled eggs have been sitting there. The beds are firm. If you don't like firm mattresses, wouldn't stay here. The rooms seemed clean, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank anonymous2stay
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had an overall great experience at this hotel. They have affordable prices, good hospitality and customer service, breakfast has upgraded since my last stay, and clean/comfortable rooms. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. Thank you for the positive feedback. We continue to work to provide each of our guests with an exceptional experience during their stay. We look forward to your next visit to the Quality Inn.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I checked in this hotel late at night, the checkin process was awful....I had made a reservation beforehand, however check in was very slow. When I asked for a receipt showing I had paid cash, again it took a while to get a receipt from the staff member....In the parking lot was 5 police cars, which gave a strange feeling as this hotel only has a convienant store nearby. Once I went to the room, it was very odd. When I walked in the room the first thing I saw was the sink... First time I had stayed at a hotel that the sink was in the actual bedroom. The bathroom door is not the average door- it was a sliding door that didnt work properly. Therefore, I couldnt close the door while I showered the next morning. Like the previous review~ the showerhead was GROSS..... Needs a good cleaning or even better a replacement.... The whole showerhead was DIRTY!!!
Upon leaving I stopped by the vending machine (drink)~ put money in.. A drink that cost $1.50 ended up costing me $2.50 since I put my change in first it didnt register it so I had to put in an additional dollar bill.... Again at checkout~ process of getting another receipt was slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Gross shower heads. Odd decor. Nice staff. We were in town with family, but did not choose this location. I would not stay here again, under any circumstances. The hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. The floors are super thin and we could hear our upstairs neighbor clomping around most of the night.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My past experiences staying in this hotel were fantastic, which is why I rebooked again on business. Unfortunately, there has been a sea-change in management and the warm, friendly staff and environment has been replaced by unsatisfactory customer service and strange attention to detail. This was the last time I will stay at this hotel.

First, I arrived after dark and the outdoor lighting was very low - not like it used to be. The interior near the front desk was also very dark and not very inviting. The lady who checked me in was super nice and friendly, but I noticed that there was no statement of who was the manager on duty on the wall sign, and the security cameras and monitors that once were so prominent were non-existent. The hotel just had a totally different 'feel' from past visits.

My room was very clean and inviting - which was consistent with past stays. No complaints there.

My worst experience was unfortunately in the morning at breakfast and then at checkout. I was in need of a plate and it was after the continental breakfast service had ended. I asked for a plate from the front desk attendant and was met with annoyance and indifference when I asked if I could have a simple styrofoam plate on which to eat the breakfast I had brought with me. This never would have happened in the past. The old staff was very accommodating and friendly.

When checking out I had to practically beg to have a receipt, and the gentleman was more interested in talking on the phone and attending to a young child who was behind the desk than helping me. Absolutely horrible customer service, but the overall hotel property still is pretty nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We were happy to get a hotel on a busy week where most hotels were sold out. The front desk person was quite but efficient. The hotel appeared clean but had a strong smell. The room was clean and the staff did a good job cleaning the room. The room had a number of major issues with holes in the walls, the ceiling was falling down. There must have been a water pipe break and it wasn't completely fixed yet. I stayed for four nights and on three occasions killed cockroaches. The last morning for our breakfast I reached in the refrigerator for some milk and it felt like was 60 degrees in there. It was not on. I paid $159 a night plus taxes and fees.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Biltmore Suites Hotel
Biltmore Suites Hotel
#7 of 14 in High Point
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem), NC

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!