“Sadly disappointed”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I knew I was in trouble when I walked in the door. The floor looks like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. Front desk was friendly enough. We had a total of 4 rooms of family booked here. We were given 3rd floor double rooms. First family members entered a room reeking of cigarette smoke. (room labeled no smoking) They were given a different room. Then my daughter went into her room and killed a bug in the bed. My other daughter, staying in my room got locked in the bathroom because the sliding door didn't work. She is 22, not a child. My first daughter's door didn't close properly either, and they used the bathroom with the door 1/2 open during the stay. When she went to pull back the sheets on the bed, it was clear the sheets had not been changed from the previous visitor. She went down to the desk and got clean sheets. I asked for a new room because of the bathroom door situation and I was given another one on the 3rd floor. Upon entering this room, we discovered ants in the beds, on the walls, on the nightstand. My daughter was going to sleep in the car. We took her to family in Thomasville to stay the night. We would have left also, but we had remaining family at the hotel. We killed the ants and seemed to have gotten them all. I complained to the front desk and was told the manager would be notified. Later that evening, the manager did talk to us and explain that he had just taken over this hotel within the past few weeks and had the exterminator out. He refunded our stay and came to the room to see the ants. Naturally we couldn't find any. Come morning my husband and I found and killed at least 25 more ants. We saved them on a piece of paper. The front desk girl came up to our room to witness the bugs and also the filthy phone on the nightstand with gunk on it. There was cereal someone spilled by the exit to the pool which was there when we got there, and there when we left. There were dirty towels by the pool the whole stay. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. We were offered a discount stay, should we ever be back in the area. Needless to say, we will never stay there again. I have to agree with bigguy 140, HORRIBLE.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nanres

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stopped for the night here due to a good coupon price. Were very favorably impressed.

We were very concerned at first because there were FIVE (yes, FIVE) police cars in the parking lot at midnight when we arrived. However, the very friendly desk clerk assured us that there are usually this many....the hotel lends its parking area to police officers who switch to their private cars at the end of a shift.

The room was immaculate with a very comfortable bed, and had a fridge and microwave...always a nice touch for people on road trips.

The breakfast included with the room price is of superior quality....unexpected range of choices for a budget motel chain: waffles, eggs; breakfast sausage sandwiches, cereals, yoghurts, fruit, juices, and coffee and tea.

All of this makes this motel an excellent value for the price.

Our only negative experience was with the in-room Internet.
We found it to be clunky and slow....and cranky. It tossed us offline and then locked us out of the system. So this might not be a good motel choice for the business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Arrived at 2:45 - check in at 3:00- First king room had NO working AC- we got moved- double room for my sons was not ready till 3:30 or so- We had to wait till 4:00 for towels-- We had a wedding to get ready for-- All night when. someone on the hall flushed our toilet sounded like it was running- When a door was shut on the hallway the room echo's. the bed was hard as a rock.
The next day when my son needed towels and requested some a call came 20 minutes to see if he still needed them - we were getting ready to leave!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PGR23
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a recent and past guest at this hotel a lot has changed. First of all thank you to the three wonderful ladies who cleaned the rooms here you fantastic. that's the good part. Now to the bad I've stayed here before and my past stays no complaints the staff than wonderful...new management now is horrible and not very friendly . I'm definitely not staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank bigguy140
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here end of june 2013. Going home from Myrtle Beach. The front desk was nice enough to switch us four times. The last time we did not know how bad till we woke up the next day.
First room , the sheets and blankets were on the floor, maybe someone forgot to finish cleaning. OK
Second room was a king for a family of four.
Third time the room was to be NO smoking, this one was filled with smoke and burns on the bed.
Fourth looked ok. Killed a few ants. As we were laying down noticed a few on the bed side table and sink. Then I found one in bed with me. A few in the tub with my daughter.
After a bad night of itching, and rolling around. We found out why. Dead ants under the blanket. Dozens on the sink, killed them all to watch them come right back, over and over.
Checked out and told the front desk. He did not really care much, handed my charge slip. Eating and met another couple who just complained for the exact same thing.
The front desk told them they would spray... hmm ok. We were on second floor they were on third floor.
I did notice today that the charge was reversed today. Thank You!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Angel L
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We used a coupon from one of the free booklets at a NC visitor's center, and I was very happy with the hotel. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was excellent for a free hot buffet (belgian waffles, and an assortment of fruit and pastries), the pool, though small, was nice and clean and inviting, and the room was spacious with a nice flatscreen TV, comfortable beds and beddings, and even a refrigerator!

Last time we travelled, we stayed at Country Inn and suites, mistakenly thinking that the name meant top quality for the money We stayed at 2 different hotels of that chain that were subpar, so this time we decided to just go for the cheapest we could find and hope for the best, but this Quality Inn was top notch!!!

Room Tip: as always, the further away from stairs and elevator, the quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigmura
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room we stayed was totally clean and fresh smelling. The mattress was perfect. Breakfast
was free with room and met all our needs. Wonderful whisper quiet walls and peaceful inside
and out with safe feeling. We pulled in very late in the evening and appreciated the secure well
lit parking lot and the breeze of location to the HIgh way but far enough away to not hear any
car sounds. Such a easy to locate Hotel and great location. I will admit we held our breath on this one and concerned what we had rented because of the price- such needless concern.
Im so glad we still have a extra 20-30 in our pocket and a great nights sleep.I dont think we missed anything - we came to just sleep and thats all. So with a great mattress-plenty of tv stations-free wiifi-quietness-extra cool massage shower head and water pressure-and a lovely
breakfast fully stocked we hit the road with smiles and enough savingst to buy half a tank of gas-
good deal! and I should add the gentleman that checked us in had a chearie smile and friendly hello even late at night and check in was easy breezy. Charming for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
#4 of 14 in High Point
Radisson Hotel High Point
Radisson Hotel High Point
#11 of 14 in High Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!