“Good but typical.....”

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
Ranked #35 of 300 Restaurants in High Point
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Freddy’s is a midwestern chain that has found its way east. Burgers are solid and frys are fantastic (extra thin cut). Price is a little expensive for the fast casual concept. Didn’t have any custard but those around me seemed to enjoy.

Would I go back? Most likely yes....but won’t hit this place more than once or twice annually. Enjoy.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We went here because I'm always searching out really good frozen custard and thought it was an added bonus that we could get something more solid to start. When we walked in, it was mostly clean, except for a few tables that had some crumbs on them, and had a fun vibe reminiscent of a 50s diner. Oldies played on the speakers inside and out and the staff was very friendly.
I ordered a single steakburger and fries. When she asked me about condiments on my burger, it never occurred to me that "condiments" included things like tomato and onion in addition to ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc., so my burger came out rather naked. Okay, my fault. The burger was actually pretty good. It reminded of a Smashburger - very think and crispy on the edges. It would have been nice if it had had a bit more meat.
The fries were excellent, shoestring cut, nicely seasoned and very fresh. I'm not a fan of their dipping sauce, it was pretty nondescript in flavor, so we chose not to use it. Some regular ranch would have made a good alternative.
I ordered a single vanilla custard in a waffle cone. The custard was sweet and silky. There was a good amount in the cone. My only issue, once again with places like this, was that there were no lower sugar options for diabetics. I know that the use of artificial sweetener changes the texture of the custard, but it would still be nice if it was available so the whole family could enjoy the experience.
Overall, it was decent food at an average price and we'll be going back.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Our group made a quick stop for lunch here. The order line went fairly quickly as it was right at noon. Food was prepared quickly. The burger and fries I ordered were very tasty and hot. I would definitely stop back here on the next visit in town.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Love this place when it comes to burgers and concretes!! I got a double with cheese and the meat is flattened and crispy on the edges, so scrumptious. It comes with fries normally but I paid the .60 cent up charge and got the onion rings. They are so crispy and very good dipped in the special sauce available on the counter free of charge. My daughter got the cheese curds and they were absolutely delicious, crispy on outside and chewy on inside. For desert we opted for a concrete. Mine was chocolate (only two flavors to chose from with vanilla the other) and I added a mix in of cookie dough. Oh MY GOSH!!!!! This was so amazing and creamy, I wished I had got dessert first!!!! Don't leave here without getting one, we got the mini because we were a bit full from the burgers. Always room for dessert right?? Order at the counter or chose to drive thru. Inside they call your number printed on your receipt. No tipping here but quick enough to get in and out.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Where to begin the accolades is the challenge in writing this review! For starters the immaculate diner decor sets the stage for not only the Steakbuger done to perfection but the incomparable shoestring frenchfries!! Meals are portioned to perfection allowing just enough room for their signature Frozen Custard dessert. This Freddy’s staff leads the pack when in comes to customer service from start to finish!