“Great breakfast!”
Review of Golden B - CLOSED

Golden B
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
High Point, North Carolina
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently ate here on the advice from the hubby regarding a great priced special. This restaurant offers a weekday special that is an excellent value. For $2.99 you get 1 or 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, grits or gravy, biscuits or toast. We all ordered the special. The eggs were scrambled very well and the bacon was crispy, just as we requested. I had a biscuit and gravy, the grave was really hot and just good basic gravy. All of the regular breakfast items are rather pricy, so stick to the special!! The service was excellent!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jmkimsey

Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Current Review”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I still regularly eat at the Golden B and I am somewhat surprised at the negative reviews regarding price and food quality. I have NEVER gotten a a bad meal at this business and find it hard to believe that the quality can be so inconsistent given the fact that the same cooks are always in the kitchen. They have the best flounder anywhere in High Point and the choices are always cooked to order except for the lunch staples such as vegetables. If someone has a problem with the pricing they must be accustomed to fast food because that is the only place you can eat more cheaply and certainly don't get the quality. Is it a place top pop in for a "quick" meal? Maybe not... but the quality of food, food that you get for the money, and the interesting people who work and eat there make it a worthwhile stop for anyone who appreciates a quality meal and dining experieince.

• Visited May 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Lunch out Mid Week”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I had a rare day off during the week and decided to drop in here for a late lunch. While the service was excellent I was not impressed with the food and thought the lunch pricing was a bit high. Not that the food was bad by any means, just nothing special.

We were the only people in the restaurant that were eating. There were about 5 tables of women who had already ate and were just taking up space chatting. And they were very loud and annoying.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank THoughNC
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Lovely little place in HP :)”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

very little restaurant but it is cute & romantic! I tried the filet beef tips w/ creamy mushroom sauce, sauteed squash & baked potato - SO GOOD. it takes a long time to get your meal because it's a small kitchen and they cook everything to order, which I love because you don't see that very often! kinda $$ but well worth it. my plate was around $15. definitely be back soon :)

• Visited November 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“YUM!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My visit to this restaurant was my very first, but it certainly won't be my last. I was totally blown away by the quality, flavor and choices this restaurant offered. My chicken and dumplings (one of the day's lunch special) were as good as any I have ever tasted. The accompanying vegetable sides were very well done and tasted as good as my Mothe's! This restaurant has a small, private room available (no charge) for a gathering or a group to enjoy a meal together. I just can't wait for an excuse to return to High Point so I can eat here!

Visited January 2013