“Good food, but be prepared to wait on weekend evenings”

Fire & Sticks Japanese Stkhse
Ranked #17 of 283 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been to Fire & Sticks several times, most recently about one month ago. Normally I have gone in the evenings, and on weekend evenings there is always a wait. Last month was my first lunch visit, before a flight out of GSO (Piedmont Triad International Airport) and it was fast, good, and problem-free.

The restaurant is neat and clean, and the food is well prepared. Service is an issue when the place is busy, but is better the times I have been which were outside the 'rush' hours.

The lunch menu is priced more reasonably than the evening menu.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

One of our appetizers did not come at all, and one came after the meal, right as the checks were being delivered. We had asked repeatedly through the dinner for the apps .. waitress kept assuring us that they were on the way.. the couple at the end of the table had to ask 3 times for a booster seat before she remembered to bring them one. our of the 4 checks produced for our table, only mine had the gratuity added to it.. I assume due to the fact that it was my apps that were screwed up and she was afraid we would not tip. She was right. I did not ask for the manager as we were with my whole family and had a very tight schedule. We will not go back.. the food is okay, but nothing special.. there are tons of these places in this area, customer service is what sets you apart from the others. Epic fail.

1  Thank Kat P
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is beautiful and clean. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The food was really good, significantly better than other hibatchi restaurants that I have been to. But the "show" was minimal. It seemed canned and was not very interactive. So, if you are looking for good food, it is a good choice. The food is good and the portions are really large. But, if you are mostly interested in the show, you should probably go somewhere else.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The decor and layout of this place are very nice. The value of the meal is well below average. The emphasis appears to be more on style than substance. Sushi is very bland and in some cases, fishy. Fishy should never be a word to describe fresh sushi. The quality of the non sushi menu would be adequate if the costs were half of what they are.
I promise, you will thank me later.....save a bunch of $ and make the short drive to ISE on Stratford Road in Winston Salem. 10 time the quality and much cheaper.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food here was amazing!! I opten for food from the grill along with one of my friends, the other person I was with had sushi. The staff are friendly and professional.
One of my friends has a service dog. Upon arriving, we werent treated like a :special case". We were seated quickly and didnt feel as if the staff were making a big deal about our "extra friend".
We will definitely eat here again.