“Nice evening”

Ranked #17 of 281 Restaurants in High Point
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Steak Street has a nice atmosphere, the staff is very attentive. We had appetizers and drinks in the lounge area, they had great music playing. The appetizer menu has alot of seafood dishes. The BBQ chicken pizza was excellent. We thought the filet appetizer was pricey for the portion received. Our server was attentive and serviced our table well.

There are newer reviews for Steak Street

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The food is average at best. They're charging Ruth's Chris prices for mediocre steaks. My wife did enjoy her salmon.

The real problem is the service which leaves a lot to be desired. She never asked if we needed drink refills or wanted desert.

The live music was excellent.

1  Thank wf9150
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is one of those restaurants that just misses - nice menu, good variety, reads well, shows promise - but at the end of the meal, you have experienced nothing exceptional - not in quality, and definitely not in value - and when you just miss at these prices, that's a mile.

The Prime Rib - 14 ounces for $30 - was ok, but chewy - $30 Prime Rib should not be chewy, it should be melt in your mouth tender. The roasted Vegetables were roasted vegetables. The full Rack of Ribs ($21) were also just ok, and also lacked tenderness - there was no falling off the bone here.

Red Beans & Rice was tasty, and loaded with Andouille Sausage & Tasso Ham - probably the best tasting of the entrees we tried, but no bargin. The Black Bean Soup, the Side Salad, and the Baked Potato were also, just ok. The Key Lime Pie ($7) was good, and authentic.

This was an $80 meal tab, with no alcohol - and not an experience I'd repeat, not on the whole, not on any item.

2  Thank Fred B
Steak S, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

The review above is about a visit in August 2013.
Half of the reviewed items are not on our menu since last year.
This review is not reflecting today's operation.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Dissappointed is exactly how I felt....Not only is the restuarant in need of decor overhaul after all of these years but they need HUGE improvements in the quality of their food. Menu is not very flexible with vegetarians but once our waitress asked they were able to make a Pasta Alfredo dish that tasted like spoiled cream.. I would not even allow my daughter to eat it. My husband's filet was almost burnt instead of medium. We did not complain the waitress was clearly not the problem....until we received our check...$26.00 for spoiled Pasta Alfredo?? No sea food, no chicken..just noodles and 1/2 cup of spoiled sauce? Really? I did complain about that and it was removed once speaking to the manager who really did not seem to care at all about my concerns..I can feel very confident in saying we will NOT return nor will I ever recommend this place. If you want classy, quality food stick to Sammy G's up the road.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I enjoy the outside patio as it is very relaxing. Love the house salad with cranberries and walnuts. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Sharon M S