“SURCHARGE!!!”

Ranked #13 of 290 Restaurants in High Point
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

we went because we had a coupon for 15.00 off,but when the waitress brought the bill she said the manager put a 18% surcharge on the bill because we used a coupon,which was 9 and change,so whatever i'm in a good mood,going to a party,i decided it wasnt worth it to make a scene...15.00 reduced to 6 so i tipped the waitress the 6 and we wont be back...the food wasnt anything, anyone, anywhere couldnt have fixed themselves and service was slow,the carpets are black with dirt and grease.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We decided to go to Steak Street due to the groupon deal for $39. Very good decision as the food was excellent and the service was amazing. I have never been to a restaurant where everyone was so nice and willing to please their customers. We both ordered the carriage house ribeyes and they were very juicy and tender. We ordered the spinach and crab dip appetizer which was also very good. Due to confusion of the groupon, we were almost charged for something unknowingly. The manager was quick to fix this problem and handled the situation in a very professional manner. Appetizer, dinner and dessert was amazing. I am very happy we decided to go to Steak Street and due to the great experience with the food and excellent service, we will definitely be going back in the future. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!

1  Thank Chelsea D
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Went to dinner with 4 co workers on a Tuesday night. Service was excellent and polished wich did not seem to fit the 1980's plastic plants and wrought iron. Everyones food was good and sevrvice timley. My crab cake had too much breading but tasted good dessert was excellent, it just seemed we were in a time warp with the decor

Reviewed October 1, 2011

My hotel recommended this location and gave me a card for a free app and I so glad. The Voodoo shrimp was plentiful and excellent as an app. The bourbon Ribeye had an excellent taste and was a good quality steak. The waitress recommended the Maple Sugar Mash and it paired quite well with the bourbon steak. The atmosphere was great with a man playing a horn and singing. I sat right near him and it was not a problem. The waitress was great and the whole staff was very helpful and attentive. I highly recommend you give Steak Street a chance.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have ate here several times and decided to go for my birthday. We went on a Saturday evening at 7:00. I ordered Prime Rib to find out later they were out.. How can you be out of Prime Rib 2 hours after the time you start serving it? They were not busy, many empty parking spots in lot. Then I felt pressured to hury up and make a decision about something else. I chose the pecan crusted chicken with mashed sweet potatoes. I had ordered a baked potato with my prime rib but did not realize i would get another side with the chicken and when it came I had sweet potatoes and a baked potato. The chicken was terrible. Dry, burnt on edges and over cooked. I was told they would make it right and their idea of making it right was taking my Birthday coupon for a lousy meal and giving me free dessert.

cw2379, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

It is disappointing to hear that you had a bad experience with us as we strive in providing all guests with an exceptional meal and outstanding service. We are glad that you took the time to let us know of your experience and we have taken the initiative to resolve all of the issues that you mentioned. We would like to see a positive review from you on your next visit as we resolve this and retain the honor of having you as a guest in our restaurant. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

-Steak Street Management