“Very mediocre” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #205 of 274 Restaurants in High Point
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Very mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

They talk of high class at reasonable prices. It is more like high prices for very moderately flavored food. We went there for Valentines Day and I cant even use the excuse that they were crowded because except for us there was only one other couple and they were getting ready to leave. We were suppose to get 2 new York strips, but they were out and subbed filets which was fine. I personally would rather had the strip. We ordered them MR and one came out well done and the other med well. We sent them back and one came out MR the other Very Rare. I had the Very Rare, but at this point it was getting late. Service was extremely slow why I don't know. SO I ate it anyway. I had Risotto which had way too much white wine and was inedible. We ordered dessert molten lava cake. The molten part was still hard inside so we sent It back and got a cheesecake to go. The chef (I use this term lightly) microwaved it because it was frozen. It ruined it. I used a Groupon deal otherwise I would have been mortified at having to pay full price for this meal. What only cost me $30 would have cost $60. That is the only reason I gave it any points at all.

• Visited February 2014