“small place, but worth to go...”
Review of Penny Path Cafe

Penny Path Cafe
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in High Point
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are a small cafe that holds 17 to 20 guests and all of our crepes are made to order. The penny Path is not a quick fix, if you have 10 folks in front of you expect to wait a little for your turn;) We offer sweet and savory crepes as well as made to order Coffee Drinks. Our savory menu is all vegetable and cheese based. We offer one main savory Crepe, the "Kitchen Sink" which contains a little of all the savory ingredients we carry. Guests can also create their own savory crepe with the available ingredients. Anyone of our Crepe Cooks can also be trusted to be let loose to create whatever they feel like for you, commonly know here as the "Trust Me" Crepe.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Since I moved to High Point I've tried to find the good places to got to for dinner. And this definitely is one of them. I'm there once a week (at least) and switch between sweet and savory all the time. No matter what I picked from the menu, I wasn't disappointed. By now I ask Miro to just surprise me. :)

I strongly recommend to visit this place, feel the atmosphere for a little while and enjoy the crepes. You'll find a place that is not one of the usual chains, but authentic.

1  Thank ake1984
There are newer reviews for Penny Path Cafe

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I'm not quite sure how a one-item menu coffee bar can be compared to fine dining restaurants and end up as "#2 best restaurant in High Point" ??? Doesn't seem right. Penny Path is a welcome addition to the neighborhood and the crepes I've eaten there 3 x were tasty. They've managed to create charming ambiance out of a nook of a location and that is something sorely needed in High Point. In any other city there would be one right after the other and you'd find citizens strolling along having many choices for Sunday brunch. Here? Not so much. We are starving for amenities here in this town.

1  Thank paintergurl
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Small and local, Penny Path and its family and friendly offering meets the needs of the quiet place round-the-corner. Enjoy the great coffee, real service, kitchen-sink crepes and friendship.

1  Thank Ianspirational
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Penny Path a few times for brunch. The owner loves to tell you about crepes and gives great suggestions for what to have. I always let him create something and it turns out delicious every time. I especially like a savory crepe with Greek ingredients like feta, artichoke hearts, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and pesto. The restaurant itself is quite small but really cute

1  Thank Katy S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

While in High Point recently at dinnertime, we wanted something other than a chain restaurant and thanks to Trip Advisor, we found it. And are we glad we did! What a little gem. As reported by others, it is small. Sort of reminds me of the little "Mom & Pop" places I knew and loved when I lived in New York. The menu was simple and straightforward; crepes! Savory or sweet. You can order them to altered to your taste if you choose but basically, that's it. Crepes. Nothing else. We had the 'Kitchen Sink' and thoroughly enjoyed it. Turns out that, with the dessert crepe we ordered, it was big enough for the both me and my wife to share.

As to the service, we couldn't have asked for better. We were greeted at once by the gentleman whom I took to be the owner and who is also the chef. He spotted us for the out-of-towners that we were and made us feel right at home, taking time to explain what is in each crepe and since the grill is right out in the open, showed us how they are made. The two young ladies on duty (I'm guessing they were his daughters) were equally warm and friendly and by the time we finished, we felt as if we were all old friends. Truly, it was a delightful experience; both the meal and the service and I heartily recommend it. Oh! And when you go, be sure to check out the floor. You'll see how it gets its name.

Been to Penny Path Cafe? Share your experiences!