“Low key and friendly”

Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in High Point
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small cafe that holds 17 to 20 guests and all of our crepes are made to order. The penny Path is not a quick fix, if you have 10 folks in front of you expect to wait a little for your turn;) We offer sweet and savory crepes as well as made to order Coffee Drinks. Our savory menu is all vegetable and cheese based. We offer one main savory Crepe, the "Kitchen Sink" which contains a little of all the savory ingredients we carry. Guests can also create their own savory crepe with the available ingredients. Anyone of our Crepe Cooks can also be trusted to be let loose to create whatever they feel like for you, commonly know here as the "Trust Me" Crepe.
durham,nc
“Low key and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Having read other reviews I was not sure what to expect but wanted to find a non-chain, cozy spot to have lunch and conversation with family from out of town. This cafe is in a very modest spot just off Main street in High Point (famous for the furniture market held there twice a year).
The cafe holds about 20 people at full capacity, but we (a party of three) were fortunate to be there for lunch when only four or five others were there. It is a very friendly atmosphere so if you want to be anonymous you won't enjoy the congenial interaction between the local "regulars" and those folks who are visiting.
Two of us had the "kitchen sink" crepes and one customized a crepe from the various ingredients in the kitchen sink. It was fun to try new combinations and the crepes were fantastic. When our orders was delivered, we were invited to let them know if we did not like something and they would make us something else! A true "have it your way" experience...as long as the base is a crepe.

It was a fun place to have lunch and visit. If we get near High Point in the future, I am sure we will stop in to say hi and have either a crepe meal or dessert.

• Visited January 2014

Blacksburg, VA
“Unbelievably delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

OH. MY. GOSH. My husband and I just got home from the MOST AMAZING dinner ever. I am not exaggerating. Who would have thought crêpes would taste better than a steak and sides?!!! Well I tell you, it does. We had the "kitchen sink" crêpe. The kitchen sink is a crêpe with tiny bits of multiple sauces (hummus, pesto, roasted red pepper sauce, spinach artichoke), a little cheese (feta, mozzarella), and veggies (roasted diced tomatoes, kalamata olives, marinated mushrooms, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers). My husband got the whole "kitchen sink" and I got just the roasted pepper sauce, all the cheeses, and all the veggies minus artichokes. These were so flavorful and I swear I've never moaned during dinner, but I did tonight!!! Lol. For our sweet one we had cinnamon, honey, fresh candied almonds, topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream. It was the best sweet I've ever had in my life. How does High Point have something so amazing?? Who knows but I hope it stays here and Winston or Greensboro don't get to steal another gem. ;-) if you live anywhere near here YOU MUST GO. If you don't, YOU NEED TO DRIVE HERE.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank seneeves
New Jersey
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Found this gem on Trip Adviser. We were looking for a light lunch and found perfection! The owner made great recommendations- the favorite crepe was roasted walnuts, Brie and jalapeño jelly! The food was fabulous but just as enjoyable was talking to the owner- such an interesting person. If my daughter goes to HPU we will definitely be back!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“First timers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I visited Penny Path on New Years Day. It was our first time and we really enjoyed our lunch. We shared a savory and sweet crepe. Perfect amount. The owner and girl making the crepes were very nice and made good conversation as we were the only ones in the shop. We had the kitchen sink and a lemon crepe. The lemon crepe was simple, but sooo delicious and fresh. I did notice that the kitchen sink was the only savory crepe available as all the other options had been "blacked out" with marker on the menu. The idea of only have one savory "special" makes sense, but updated menus would look nice. The bathroom seems to double as a storage room and we were a bit disappointed to eat and drink out of paper/Styrofoam. However, those things being said...this was a lovely little café and something very different for our area, even in nearby Greensboro. We will definitely be back and can't wait to take our daughter as she will be amazed to watch them make the crepes.

Visited January 2014
“Awesomely Yummy and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The crepes are incredible. Fun atmosphere and eclectic decor. Charming and attentive staff. We had the kitchen sink crepe - healthy, tasty, and one is just right for two people. Then we had a dessert crepe. I think it was their special recipe - with nutella and caramel and something cookie like. Very Wow. I would recommend this to anyone. You wont be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013