“Awesome”

Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in High Point
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small cafe that holds 17 to 20 guests and all of our crepes are made to order. The penny Path is not a quick fix, if you have 10 folks in front of you expect to wait a little for your turn;) We offer sweet and savory crepes as well as made to order Coffee Drinks. Our savory menu is all vegetable and cheese based. We offer one main savory Crepe, the "Kitchen Sink" which contains a little of all the savory ingredients we carry. Guests can also create their own savory crepe with the available ingredients. Anyone of our Crepe Cooks can also be trusted to be let loose to create whatever they feel like for you, commonly know here as the "Trust Me" Crepe.
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Great experience with this place, will be back soon and will recommend to all my friends. Thank you for great experience.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Charm Abounds”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

On our recent travels out of town the one type of restaurant I wanted to go to was a crêperie as this is something we do not have locally. Somehow we never got around to going to one so I was thrilled when I found out that 25 miles from us in High Point, NC there was a crepe shop, The Penny Path Café.

It was a lot of fun having dinner here and for a time we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. I would guess, primarily because of the location, the Penny Path Café does their biggest business at lunch time.

My husband had the aforementioned “Kitchen Sink” and Miro created a wonderful medley of a sweet and savory crepe with brie cheese, warmed walnuts and jalapeño jelly for me. The combination of those flavors was incredible and certainly one I wouldn’t have come up with on my own.

Both of us loved our dinners. We were initially concerned about leaving hungry but the crepes are deceptively filling and my hubby actually struggled to finish the last few bites his. I would love to try one of his dessert crepes; maybe next time!

Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative and excellent taste”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I rarely give a 5 to a restaurant but Penny Path deserves it. Upon entering, the layout design and decor is creative and the creativity continues with the menu. If you like Crepes, or have never tried them, this is the place to start. Miro (owner chef) is engaging and willing to make interesting combinations of savory and/or sweet crepes. Price is right and there is a continuing conversation with him and the other diners. We split a crepe and it was plenty. A latte for the road was well done. Our first visit was on Aug. 8th on our way north and we went out of our way on returning on the 12th to eat again and try another savory combination (split) and a fresh peach savory. We were not disappointed.
Don't miss this one.
JMD

1 Thank Oldefish
“Lives up to rave reviews!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

So glad I followed the recommendations on TA for The Penny Path because I never would have chosen this place from outward appearances! I met a friend and we split the "kitchen sink" (savory) and fruit & cream (sweet) crepes. Conversation with Chef while he cooked was delightful & the mix of customers very interesting. We were glad we went early because space is limited and by noon the place was very busy. On the other hand, no one rushed us & we had plenty of time to catch up with each other after several years & many miles apart. This is a place for lunch definitely worth trying and to which I will return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dkprevary
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Crepe anyone?”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

A group of us went for a quick lunch at this unique restaurant. The crepes for lunch are limited but we had the crepe with everything in it. It was delicious. We had split them but we all could have eaten an entire one without difficulty! We then tried the sweet crepes...............ours with sweet cream and berries. Delicious!
It was not crowded at all the day we went but seating could be a problem on days they are busy as this is a very small restaurant. They had a couple of tables and some bar and counter seats.
We would definitely return to this restaurant and look forward to it in the near future!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Penny Path Cafe? Share your experiences!