“Another great experience”

Tex and Shirley's
Ranked #34 of 292 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was traveling through the area, and detoured about 20 minutes to Tex and Shirley's because I had such a great breakfast here about one year ago. I am glad because my experience did not disappoint.

We got there early (7:30am on a Saturday morning) and there was a good crowd even then. I ordered a custom omelet, which came with pancakes and again, the food was quick, hot, and delicious. Our server was efficient and quick as well.

My friend ordered the pecan waffles (which was an additional charge) and she was extremely disappointed because they only added chopped pecans to the top of the pancakes; she had hoped that they would be mixed into the batter. Given the up-charge for pecans was about $2, it was not worth it. Despite that disappointment, she said the food was good.

I would go again when traveling in the area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a great place if you love pancakes. They have every type one could imagine. The breakfast was pretty average, the service was good, and the price was great.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great service where we feel like we're welcome every time. Breakfast served all the time. Wednesday is all you can eat pancakes! Clean and friendly from every member of staff. Bathrooms smell nice and are always clean. They have wi fi.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great service and good food, what's not to like. Greated by very friendly person at door and was seated right away. We went for breakfast, which was excellent, and enjoyed it so much we went back the very next day for lunch. That too was very good indeed. Nothing fancy just good ole, good food.
Whenever we're in town we'll be sure to go back.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I've visited a few times and each time the food was great. Service was mediocre. Ill be back for the food!