“Will go back”

Dining options: Reservations
Suwanee, Georgia
“Will go back”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Another business dinner of 5. Service was excellent. Arrived at 7:30 on Tuesday and the place was full. We had reservation's for 8PM and by the time we sat down the place had started clearing out. I had the lightly crusted baked Cod. it was the best! Once again everyone enjoyed what they had. This area of NC is full of great restaurants.

Visited December 2012

High Point, North Carolina
“Poor service!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went to the Chop House in High Point, NC on 19 Dec for my wife's birthday. Reserved a table for 1 pm for a leisurely lunch--I thought. Restaurant was crowded as was the parking lot so I let my wife out and found a parking space in a back/side lot. I was escorted to a table in the back of the restaurant where my wife was waiting. Room was full with Christmas parties, etc. Not a problem as we were not in a hurry. We both ordered tea and my ordered wine. Both came in a few minutes. We ordered from our waitress and she brought our salad dressings in small pourers shortly thereafter.

The room had cleared out as the normal lunch hour had passes. I looked up and someone was approaching with a tray of food. I said to my wife that our order was here and she said that it couldn't be since we hadn't received our salads yet. I was right! Her salmon and my steak had arrived, delivered by someone other than our waitress. We told her that we hadn't even received our salads yet. She said she would get us salads, which she did as we ate our meals which had arrived 5 minutes after ordering! So much for a leisurely lunch. In hind sight I should have sent the food back, but I didn't want to spoil the birthday celebration. That was a mistake on my part. When the substitute came back with the salads we also needed some catsup which she delivered about 1/3 through our meal. Halfway through our meal our waitress showed up with our salads! We already had salads--which we were not eating since we were eating our entrees--so she took back the extra salads. Obviously things weren't going well!

I had decided that there would be no tip and that I would talk to "the" manager when we left. My wife wanted dessert but I said no. We got the bill, paid, and I suggested my wife go to the car while I talked to "the" manager. I asked to talk to the manager but talked to "one" of the managers--Mark--who was NOT "the" manager. He assured me that that was not supposed to happen at this restaurant--but it did! We left the restaurant but I was still upset.

Later that evening I realized that we weren't offered bread with our meal. I called the restaurant to see if that was part of a normal meal and was told that it was. Now I was even more upset. I guess we could have taken the bread with us and eaten it as dessert.

This was our first and needless to say our last visit to this restaurant. The zero tip was TOO much--they should have paid us.

• Visited December 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“Good Food, Great Experience”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Tried Chop House a few months ago for my Anniversary. The menu was good, but nothing special. My food however was awesome, and the service was phenomenal - I wish I could I remember his name (young black man)! We were seated in a small room in the back with only a few tables in it - fairly romantic for our anniversary. From beginning to end a great night!

• Visited September 2012