“A nice menu and fine dining.”
Review of Hampton's at JH Adams Inn - CLOSED

Hampton's at JH Adams Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Farris / Main St
Description: Hampton's Restaurant is a Four Star Restaurant located in the elegant Boutique Hotel, J.H. Adams Inn, a Historic home built in 1918. Hampton's Restaurant presents a truly unparalleled epicurean experience. With Executive Chef Ralph Sitero & High Point Native Mary Soles as Sous Chef at the helm, this relaxed yet refined destination point showcases a thoughtful approach to New American Cuisine with French and Italian Influences. Our seasonal Menu highlights a variety of choices ranging from Angus Beef Tenderloin to fresh fish and locally grown fruits and vegetables. Our main dining room is warm and friendly with an intimate setting overlooking an elegant courtyard. Whether planning your special occasion or next business meeting, Hampton's Restaurant can provide a custom menu to suit your taste buds and budget. The Club Room is just the right size for your small business dinner meeting or private luncheon. For the Oenophile we offer an exceptional selection of wine.
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

The perfect place for an upscale lunch or dinner. I had the Fried Chicken Sandwich with Pimento Cheese. Delicious!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I bought a groupon for the afternoon tea. My daughter and I were having a girls day and thought this would be a great idea. We were the only two guest and I was given a teapot that had a broken spout. The groupon states a $31 value but I could not figure out how they came to that. The scone and cookie no longer came with the groupon. I showed her my copy but she said this is the way it is. I went ahead and ordered them because we wanted to try them. In the end they did take them off the bill. The food was good but not worth another trip.

2  Thank hallstac
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The setting is beautiful, service is excellent, and the food is delicious! Try the quiche with fresh fruit...perfect amount for lunch! This is a classy place to meet friends for a special luncheon. Share a dessert and enjoy!

1  Thank MaryEllen22
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were on our way to go to the furniture district in High Point when we had a flat tire. Finding a new tire took longer than we would have liked but we decided it would be a good idea to have a nice lunch and relax. We asked a lady at the visitor's center and she told us about Hamptons at JH Adams Inn. It was perfect and exactly what we were looking for. The Inn is beautiful and the atmosphere inside was lovely. The service was excellent and the food was very good. We would definitely go back and maybe even stay in the B & B.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have not visited Hampton's in several years, but was invited to attend a dinner of approximately 12 guests on a Thursday evening. Given that when I did dine here several years ago, things were very nice, I went with high expectations, and sadly, they were not met this visit. Our dinner was a pre-set menu, with a set appetizer, choice of the entree and dessert. Thinking that since it was preset and the restaurant was not busy at all, service should be great. Unfortunately, time in between courses was unacceptable. We had two servers waiting on us, and the courses came out so slow. The food was ok, but not the quality that it once was. Bread was not offered. Not once did a manager come by and ask how things were. In this caliber of restaurant, one would expect to see the manager walking around and monitoring the evening and the property.

Speaking of, the property is in dire need of a facelift. The beautiful, historic tile entry needs renovation and restoration (missing tiles and cracks). The beautiful sunroom where guests could once enjoy a quiet glass of wine is now an office space, for what reason, I do not know as there is already an office space next to the front desk.

We sat outside and the awning was torn and filthy. The fans above were dirty and the patio needed a power washing. The other tables and chairs were in such disarray that it was very un-inviting for any other guests to enjoy. The cypress trees lining the back way were out of control and leaning into the courtyard.
The bathroom stalls were without toilet paper on the holders. One had to reach behind to access the toilet paper on the back of the tank.

Sadly, it appears that there is no one that truly cares about this historic gem.

I am sure that for the Inn guest, it is very convenient to eat at Hampton's. Would I make a special trip back soon? Probably not. And that is very unfortunate as I like to support local business.

3  Thank Asolare95