“I'm pulling for these guys!”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #73 of 277 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Italian, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: New Olive Garden location at the Palladium in High Point, NC
Greensboro, North Carolina
“I'm pulling for these guys!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is literally a brand new restaurant and the paint is still wet. They've only been open a couple of months and it will take some time to get the service up to par with other Olive Gardens in the Triad area. We've been there 3 times already; our first impression was good, the second time was ok, the third time was pretty bad. I called the manager when I got home to express my concerns since he was not readily available before we left the restaurant. He was very attentive to my complaints and admitted the staff had been shoved a lot of information in a short period of time. One way to avoid situations like this would be for the managers to be more visible. In our 3 visits, we've never had a manager come over to our tabe and ask if everything was ok. Also, they never have the lasagna fritters so don't even ask for it. I'm not sure why it's even on the menu. Anyway, my husband and I decided to give them a break for a while, but we will return because of the location being in close proximity to where we live. Hopefully next time I can give a higher rating.

• Visited April 2012

High Point, North Carolina
“Typical chain---->go to a locally-owned Italian place instead”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I honestly don't get why people are so nuts about Olive Garden. Came here on a Monday night for dinner, between 5 and 6 pm, and there was already a half-hour wait for tables. The restaurant was loud and just seemed to get louder as the evening went on. Once we were seated, our waitress was slow in taking our appetizer order, and again slow to come back to take our dinner order. After being served the appetizer and salad/soup, we sat for quite a long time with our dirty dishes even though our server came back and filled our drinks, and walked by our table several times on her way to the kitchen with nothing in her hands (she could have *easily* picked up a few of our used plates). Our meals were hot, but tasted flat and uninteresting. My lasagna was very messy-looking on the plate... certainly nothing like the food you see on Olive Garden TV commercials or in the photos in the menu. We went to the restaurant basically because we won an OG gift card in a raffle, but probably won't be returning there on our own any time soon. Would much rather go up the road to Ristorante L'italiano... or even next door to Marozzi's, or to Lubrano's.

• Visited May 2012