“Clean, Friendly and Great For A Small Family”

Courtyard High Point
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean, Friendly and Great For A Small Family”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The staff from the front desk people to the Bistro were all very friendly and seemed conscious and trained to serve the customer. The hotel was very clean throughout. No signs of dirt or wear and tear. It had a very new feel to it with no odors.

Even though not right off the road when traveling on I-85, it is well worth a 10 minute extra drive compared to other hotels we have stayed at in the area.

If you like Courtyards and know what to expect from them, this is one of the best in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is top notch, it has a pool, bar, bistro, mini mart and a short walk from some good restaurants. Only one problem with my stay and that was the fact my room 318 was directly next to the ice machine and boy was it huge. You are kept awake by the constant loud humming of the machine and then people filling there ice buckets at all hour making a dreadful moise. Apart from this the hotel is exceptionally clean and up to date and staff very helpful and friendly. Stay away from room 318.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Garden City, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the Courtyard in High Point while visiting my daughter, this is our second stay here and we enjoyed our stay just as much. The lobby is very modern looking and very clean (which is a big point with me), the hallway carpets were clean and the place smelled nice. The rooms are comfortable with a good AC (which is always a good thing when the temp outside is 85 degrees) and clean crisp sheets. The bathroom is well appointed and also very clean. The hotel is located right across from a mall that has closed down so while it may not be on the main drag it is certainly worth the extra few minutes to get to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our experience was terrific. We were visiting High Point University and needed somewhere close. Check. We stayed on the top floor, balcony room. It was large, beautifully decorated, and had a spacious and clean bathroom and mini refrigerator. Check. Wi-fi was great. Check. They could offer you more than one measly cup of coffee in the in-room coffee maker, or free coffee in the lobby, but after that first cup, you have to wait in line and buy Starbucks coffee in the lobby Bistro. Un-check. The pool and hot tub were great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Check, check. Our only complaint was that none of the business center computers would print our boarding passes, and the front desk computer would not, either. The generous staff helped by printing them for us from the general business office which was great, but it was a half-hour proposition. Without this technical glitch, a great stay and by far the most comfortable beds and pillows we have ever slept in. Great stay, Courtyard by Marriott. Thank you.

Room Tip: Top floor balcony room is large, has a good sized bathroom and has a delightful, modern decorator...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First my king bed was so hard and uncomfortable I was in pain my entire stay. There is no tub just a shower so I couldnt even relax. The breakfast buffet I paid for was worse then most free breakfast I get everywhere else. I usually like Marriot but never will I return here. FOR GODS SAKE WILL SOMEONE MAKE A BED THATS COMFORTABLE. How do they justify the price here FOR WHAT I dont get it?????

Room Tip: The place is way overpriced dont bother
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having gone to the area for the NCAA DII Indoor Track & Field finals we were looking for a place that was near the venue in Winston Salem but also easy to get back to the airport in Charlotte. When we checked in we were upgraded to a room with a balcony which afforded us a lovely view of the area surrounding the hotel. We were literally there for less than a day but truly enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and we slept quite well. The only downfall was that breakfast wasn't included but even then we were okay because we were dying to try out some of the local BBQ!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New york
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My experience was overall pleasant but always notice different staff n unexperience was some what heartfelt for the woman who check me in and also helping two other front desk men struggling to check people in this past weekend you could tell she had experience but also helping other workers to check people in on a very busy day I first went to a the first desk but he didn't know how to do a check in and I was in a rush went to the other desk n was a smooth check in I will comeback just wish staff was more faster

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Eden613
NancyAuman, Manager at Courtyard High Point, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing to stay at our Hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the extra time it took to check you in upon your recent stay. You are absolutely correct that we had an employee in training with a gentleman and a young lady both of whom are experienced working that evening. You are also correct that a supervisor or manager present at the time of your check in and throughout the evening would have helped the process and allowed for better cutomer service. We certainly try to do our best with scheduling and I am sorry that we did not get it right on this occasion. I hope you will trust that we will take the feedback very seriously and do a better job moving forward. Thank you again for your time and feedback! I hope you have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near High Point
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Biltmore Suites Hotel
Biltmore Suites Hotel
#6 of 14 in High Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)

Been to Courtyard High Point? Share your experiences!