“Good Night's Rest”

Courtyard High Point
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having gone to the area for the NCAA DII Indoor Track & Field finals we were looking for a place that was near the venue in Winston Salem but also easy to get back to the airport in Charlotte. When we checked in we were upgraded to a room with a balcony which afforded us a lovely view of the area surrounding the hotel. We were literally there for less than a day but truly enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and we slept quite well. The only downfall was that breakfast wasn't included but even then we were okay because we were dying to try out some of the local BBQ!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My experience was overall pleasant but always notice different staff n unexperience was some what heartfelt for the woman who check me in and also helping two other front desk men struggling to check people in this past weekend you could tell she had experience but also helping other workers to check people in on a very busy day I first went to a the first desk but he didn't know how to do a check in and I was in a rush went to the other desk n was a smooth check in I will comeback just wish staff was more faster

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Eden613
NancyAuman, Manager at Courtyard High Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing to stay at our Hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the extra time it took to check you in upon your recent stay. You are absolutely correct that we had an employee in training with a gentleman and a young lady both of whom are experienced working that evening. You are also correct that a supervisor or manager present at the time of your check in and throughout the evening would have helped the process and allowed for better cutomer service. We certainly try to do our best with scheduling and I am sorry that we did not get it right on this occasion. I hope you will trust that we will take the feedback very seriously and do a better job moving forward. Thank you again for your time and feedback! I hope you have a great day!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

It was okay and very close to HPU. Room was clean. Located across from a desolate mall - dont even venture there. Target is close by. We had to eat at the bistro because all local resteraunts were completely booked and had close to an hour wait. Food was not bad and served the purpose of two hungry people. Front desk staff was very pleasant. If we visit the university in the future will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
NancyAuman, Manager at Courtyard High Point, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you have provided. We are so proud to support and work closely with High Point University! We too hold ourselves to a high standard of excellence! I am very sorry that your past experience did not meet those standards. We strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests and I am sorry that your experience was only average and typical. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Hotel 336-882-3600 if I can be of further assistance or if you would like to discuss this further, so that we do not fall so short on your next visit to town. Thank you for being our guests and I hope we can provide you with an exceptional stay next time.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Typical courtyard fare. I was only here for one night on business. It's part of a wider mall so if you are looking for fast and easy food near your hotel then this is the place for you.

The only thing I noticed about this hotel was that the room I got smelled a little funky (moldy); couldn't put my finger on the exact smell. Everything looked clean but the air coming out of the unit was a definitely the source. It didn't bother me too much as I got used to the room but I think if I stayed there longer my clothes would have absorbed the smell.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We greatly value your feedback and certainly thank you for taking the time to share. We certainly aim to please each guest and provide an excellent product and service to each guest. It seems that we fell short for your recent stay. I would not want to stay in a room with a funny smell and I am sorry you had to that experience. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping Manager and our Cheif Engineer to ensure this problem is resolved for our next guest. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you have a gret day!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've stayed here twice during furniture buying trips to Furnitureland South. I love having the Cafe for light meals and drinks. The staff, rooms and wifi are excellent and meet all of my needs. A very welcome retreat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very convenient if you are visiting High Point University. This is a standard Courtyard hotel although over priced if there is an event at HPU. Parts have been remodeled recently. Rooms were clean. Staff is friendly. They advertise breakfast buffet but there is only a small cafe with a limited menu in the lobby. Don't stop to eat if you don't have time because there is only one person taking orders and one person making meals. I did stay there once and ended up there hungry at night with 6 people. They literally brought the meals out one at a time, taking the time to make each in between. By the time the third person got their meal, the first and second were done. One person's order was totally forgotten.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dbbfl
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a nice Courtyard with standard amenities. It's located next to a large shopping area. Service was very friendly. Room was comfortable and clean. Compared to other TA members' experiences, we had no issues with noise, and the WiFi connection worked well. The bathroom was clean and water pressure was great! Minor issues with housekeeping - only decaf coffee was in the room the first night, and the "sparkling clean," pre-wrapped drinking glasses were anything but.
Fitness center is decent - cardio equipment was in good shape and there were free weights. Breakfast in the lobby has limited selection but service was friendly. Check-in and check-out were very efficient. All in all, a typical Courtyard Marriott with good service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Hampton Inn High Point
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Archdale

Been to Courtyard High Point? Share your experiences!