“One of the Best Hotels in the Greensboro area”

Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We just came back from spending three days in the Greensboro area. We stopped at the visitors center to pick up brochures of the various hotels in the area. One in particular caught our eye, The Ashford Suites. Centrally located, the exterior of the building is attractive, but comparable to the other hotels in the area. However, once inside you're immediately welcomed by the very friendly Front Desk Staff. We, for $10.00 more, opted for the Jacuzzi (2 person) King Suite. Expecting the room to be comparable to most hotel chains, we were pleasantly surprised. First, the room was huge, high ceilings, nicely decorated, and immaculate. All of the suites are furnished with a fireplace, stereo system, free wireless internet, 32" TV, microwave, stocked mini-bar, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, amenities in the bathroom from Bath & Bodyworks, the Dream Bed Collection with upgraded linens, and a pillow menu. The jacuzzi tub was like a small pool!!
To make you even more comfortable, they offer "First Drink's on Us" in their Lobby Bar, plus each guest receives a complimentary, full, hot breakfast buffet each morning.
The Ashford Suites offers complimentary airport shuttle service. Guests will be shuttled to restaurants, office parks, entertainment and shopping with a 5 mile radius.
If you want, you can take a swim in their indoor pool and sit outside on their tanning patio. The hotel also offers Guest Privileges at the Rush Fitness Complex.
It was such a pleasure to stay at this property. Their attention to detail is to be commended. Their room rates are very reasonable, much lower than a Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Greensboro/High Point area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2009

After reading your review three times, I quickly decided that we need your help in writing ad copy for future advertising pieces. Please accept our most heartfelt appreciation for your patronage and the well thought out description of your recent visit. The attention to the specific details of your stay reflect a keen eye which we are hopeful future guests will appreciate.
We take pride in our performance and continually take steps to improve how we do what we do.
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Triad.

Reviewed September 2, 2009

This trip started out as a business trip, but turned into a delightful suprise. The staff was right there to welcome all guest and ensure that everything was in order before you got to your room. To my suprise I was greeted by the manager. I thought I was special but I found out through observation that most of the guest get this treatment. ( That's special).
The rooms were warm, comfortable, inviting, and peaceful. The staff took it personal to make sure that your stay was exactly what you wanted. To set off the night, for your intertainment pleasure, go to the lounge and just ask for a "CUP OF JO" . Everyone who stays at the Ashford Suites will always remember JO. She's a compliment to your establishment. As I was leaving I recieved thanks for staying there, but I would like to say "Thank You" for making my trip a pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2009

I think you are the architect of our newest marketing campaign. Go into the bar for a cup of Jo. She really appreciated your kind words and of course is asking for naming rights of any future profits.

Thank you for your kind review. We are fortunate to have some of the finest guests stay at the Ashford Suites Hotel. Reviews such as yours truly validates the efforts we make.

I am most fortunate to have the finest staff a manager could ever hope to have.

So, let our cup of Jo runneth over.

Reviewed August 30, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Ashford Suites Hotel for a romantic get away. The staff, room, & services were great. We booked the romance & choc package. It cost $119 a night & for what we received I was amazed. I have paid that price for much less. I recommend this hotel to anyone & plan to stay there in the future!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The rooms are cozy,yet large. Warm atmosphere. Romance is definetly in the air. Pleasent and friendley service anytime of the day, and there's a great hostest there to serve you breakfast.. For your evening relaxation you can unwind with a refreshiing drink from their fabulous bartender.Candles are lit in the evenings, which gives a warm greeting to guest. Management is top notch. "You"ll want to come back".

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2009

On behalf of the staff, thank you for your generous words concerning the recent experience at the Ashford Suites Hotel. We sincerely appreciate the medium that Trip Advisor affords existing or potential guests.
We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Ashford Suites.

c.adams@ashfordsuites.com

Reviewed August 5, 2009

After reviewing the online description of the Ashford Suites Champagne/ Dream Bed package, we decided it sounded very romantic! On July 31 my husband and I drove two hours to Ashford Suites for a relaxing stress free week-end.
The room was very clean and the tub was actually bigger than I expected! The room came with a stocked mini bar and a stereo, as well as a small chest at the end of the bed that held extra pillows. The pillows were awesome I have to say!
I have never stayed in a room with a fireplace, and I want to say that really was romantic!!! Our room package came with robes as well as champagne and souvenir Ashford Suites Hotel Flutes. That is a really nice package the hotel is offering and I would highly recommend it!
What I found really delightful and one of the greatest reasons I would be willing to make the two hour trip back again is the outstanding amenities. We were there from Friday night to Sunday morning and each morning we found a newspaper in front of our room! Even a more expensive Sundays paper on the morning we were to check out! That was impressive and really made me think the hotel strove to go over and beyond what was expected of them! Another thing my husband and I really loved, was that the hotel gave us tokens to get a free drink at their bar each night that we stayed. The bartender told us to pick a seat and she would come get our drink orders. She was super friendly and made the best drinks, all for free!!! In the hotel bathrooms, they stocked a sewing kit as well as Bath and Body works products! I really thought that was thoughtful and since Bath and Body works are my favorite, it definetly impressed me!
The hotel lobby also has a very nice sitting area where they play easy listening jazz, and it was so nice to just sit there and relax. The breakfast bar was great and the employees were always friendly. I have been in many hotels over the past few years and I have to give Ashford Suites my highest rating.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2009

We are completely blown away by the review of your recent visit. Feedback is always healthy and a review like yours provide further incentive to achieve higher levels of customer service. Our hotel takes to heart any type of customer feedback as it makes our resolve that much stronger towards ensuring a positive guest experience.
If anyone looks at our reviews and consequently makes a buying decision, we want to make sure that your expectations are not only met but exceeded. This places a certain level of pressure for the staff to perform and the result will normally be a positive situation for our customer.

Trip Advisor is an important forum to articulate your views on a hotel experience. We are thankful for this review and to everyone taking time to provide invaluable feedback. This hotel firmly believes that the
best form of advertisement are unsolicited comments from those individual"s staying at the hotel.
Lastly, we invite our readers to join the Ashford Suites on Facebook and become a fan!

c.adams@ashfordsuites.com

Reviewed August 4, 2009

We held our family reunion at this hotel since it was close to my 90 year old grandmother in Greensboro. Most of us traveled from out of town. We couldn't have asked for a better place - free airport shuttles, excellent location with restaurants in walking distance, awesome hospitality suite, excellent service, spacious rooms (even had fireplaces!). We held our luncheon in the hotel banquet room (catered by Above & Beyond Catering - would recommend the caterer as well). Since we had the room for the entire day, we did a family game night that evening. The hotel is new and very nice while on the affordable side. The indoor pool is on the small side, but it met our needs. Also, the free hot breakfast in the morning was fabulous. If we ever had to do a reunion in that area again, this would be the place. Oh -- there is an "all you can eat" buffet (Milano Pizza) that is super reasonable in price with great food about 1.5 miles from the hotel that I'd also recommend. Thank you Ashford Suites for making our reunion a success!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

What a family reunion it was!! The staff had such an enjoyable experience with your family. There were so many memories gained from everyone involved.

Thank you for your kind words. We were appreciative for the opportunity to be a part of what turned out to be a highlight to the staff.

Reunions, Romance, Corporate, Meetings, Weddings and the list goes on. The Ashford Suites Hotel has got you covered.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

My Husband of 21 years & I decided to take a short trip out of town to celebrate our Anniversary- away from the kids. We'd seen Ashford Suites online & figured we would give them a try. Let me tell you- we did NOT want to leave!!! After reading a couple of the reviews, we were a bit skeptical- especially with such wonderful rates! We had the "Chocolates" package where we had champagne with 2 complimentary Ashford Suites logo champagne flutes, chocolates (4 pieces) luxurious bath robes, a huge whirlpool tub (large enough for 2 larger people to have ample room!) a fireplace & even Bath & Body Works toiletries! The room was fantastic! Absolutely NO complaints at all.

The staff was always wonderful & so helpful when needing assistance with anything. Complimentary coctail (for guests over 21) each night was very nice & they let you chose from a fiull bar. The hot breakfast each morning was great also. We always left breakfast full & satisfied.

All in all- I say STAY HERE!! I am definitely looking forward to our next trip back!!! Our stay was so peaceful & romantic. Just what we were needing!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

The staff was so excited by your review that we wanted to make reservations as well. Thank you for the descriptive narrative of your recent visit to the Ashford Suites Hotel. We were honored to be the venue for you to escape on a romantic journey. It is our objective to ensure a quality experience in order that the challenges of the day to day grind can disappear, if only for a couple of days.

We look to hosting your next visit to the Triad area. Feel free to tell your friends, relatives, and colleagues about your adventure.

The Champagne and Dream Bed Collection is truly a signature experience!!