“Outstanding!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
North Carolina
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Ashford Suites Hotel for a romantic get away. The staff, room, & services were great. We booked the romance & choc package. It cost $119 a night & for what we received I was amazed. I have paid that price for much less. I recommend this hotel to anyone & plan to stay there in the future!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
new jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The rooms are cozy,yet large. Warm atmosphere. Romance is definetly in the air. Pleasent and friendley service anytime of the day, and there's a great hostest there to serve you breakfast.. For your evening relaxation you can unwind with a refreshiing drink from their fabulous bartender.Candles are lit in the evenings, which gives a warm greeting to guest. Management is top notch. "You"ll want to come back".

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
On behalf of the staff, thank you for your generous words concerning the recent experience at the Ashford Suites Hotel. We sincerely appreciate the medium that Trip Advisor affords existing or potential guests.
We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Ashford Suites.

c.adams@ashfordsuites.com
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2009

After reviewing the online description of the Ashford Suites Champagne/ Dream Bed package, we decided it sounded very romantic! On July 31 my husband and I drove two hours to Ashford Suites for a relaxing stress free week-end.
The room was very clean and the tub was actually bigger than I expected! The room came with a stocked mini bar and a stereo, as well as a small chest at the end of the bed that held extra pillows. The pillows were awesome I have to say!
I have never stayed in a room with a fireplace, and I want to say that really was romantic!!! Our room package came with robes as well as champagne and souvenir Ashford Suites Hotel Flutes. That is a really nice package the hotel is offering and I would highly recommend it!
What I found really delightful and one of the greatest reasons I would be willing to make the two hour trip back again is the outstanding amenities. We were there from Friday night to Sunday morning and each morning we found a newspaper in front of our room! Even a more expensive Sundays paper on the morning we were to check out! That was impressive and really made me think the hotel strove to go over and beyond what was expected of them! Another thing my husband and I really loved, was that the hotel gave us tokens to get a free drink at their bar each night that we stayed. The bartender told us to pick a seat and she would come get our drink orders. She was super friendly and made the best drinks, all for free!!! In the hotel bathrooms, they stocked a sewing kit as well as Bath and Body works products! I really thought that was thoughtful and since Bath and Body works are my favorite, it definetly impressed me!
The hotel lobby also has a very nice sitting area where they play easy listening jazz, and it was so nice to just sit there and relax. The breakfast bar was great and the employees were always friendly. I have been in many hotels over the past few years and I have to give Ashford Suites my highest rating.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
We are completely blown away by the review of your recent visit. Feedback is always healthy and a review like yours provide further incentive to achieve higher levels of customer service. Our hotel takes to heart any type of customer feedback as it makes our resolve that much stronger towards ensuring a positive guest experience.
If anyone looks at our reviews and consequently makes a buying decision, we want to make sure that your expectations are not only met but exceeded. This places a certain level of pressure for the staff to perform and the result will normally be a positive situation for our customer.

Trip Advisor is an important forum to articulate your views on a hotel experience. We are thankful for this review and to everyone taking time to provide invaluable feedback. This hotel firmly believes that the
best form of advertisement are unsolicited comments from those individual"s staying at the hotel.
Lastly, we invite our readers to join the Ashford Suites on Facebook and become a fan!

c.adams@ashfordsuites.com
Chicago
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We held our family reunion at this hotel since it was close to my 90 year old grandmother in Greensboro. Most of us traveled from out of town. We couldn't have asked for a better place - free airport shuttles, excellent location with restaurants in walking distance, awesome hospitality suite, excellent service, spacious rooms (even had fireplaces!). We held our luncheon in the hotel banquet room (catered by Above & Beyond Catering - would recommend the caterer as well). Since we had the room for the entire day, we did a family game night that evening. The hotel is new and very nice while on the affordable side. The indoor pool is on the small side, but it met our needs. Also, the free hot breakfast in the morning was fabulous. If we ever had to do a reunion in that area again, this would be the place. Oh -- there is an "all you can eat" buffet (Milano Pizza) that is super reasonable in price with great food about 1.5 miles from the hotel that I'd also recommend. Thank you Ashford Suites for making our reunion a success!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
What a family reunion it was!! The staff had such an enjoyable experience with your family. There were so many memories gained from everyone involved.

Thank you for your kind words. We were appreciative for the opportunity to be a part of what turned out to be a highlight to the staff.

Reunions, Romance, Corporate, Meetings, Weddings and the list goes on. The Ashford Suites Hotel has got you covered.

New River Valley - Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My Husband of 21 years & I decided to take a short trip out of town to celebrate our Anniversary- away from the kids. We'd seen Ashford Suites online & figured we would give them a try. Let me tell you- we did NOT want to leave!!! After reading a couple of the reviews, we were a bit skeptical- especially with such wonderful rates! We had the "Chocolates" package where we had champagne with 2 complimentary Ashford Suites logo champagne flutes, chocolates (4 pieces) luxurious bath robes, a huge whirlpool tub (large enough for 2 larger people to have ample room!) a fireplace & even Bath & Body Works toiletries! The room was fantastic! Absolutely NO complaints at all.

The staff was always wonderful & so helpful when needing assistance with anything. Complimentary coctail (for guests over 21) each night was very nice & they let you chose from a fiull bar. The hot breakfast each morning was great also. We always left breakfast full & satisfied.

All in all- I say STAY HERE!! I am definitely looking forward to our next trip back!!! Our stay was so peaceful & romantic. Just what we were needing!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
The staff was so excited by your review that we wanted to make reservations as well. Thank you for the descriptive narrative of your recent visit to the Ashford Suites Hotel. We were honored to be the venue for you to escape on a romantic journey. It is our objective to ensure a quality experience in order that the challenges of the day to day grind can disappear, if only for a couple of days.

We look to hosting your next visit to the Triad area. Feel free to tell your friends, relatives, and colleagues about your adventure.

The Champagne and Dream Bed Collection is truly a signature experience!!

lmb8914
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This hotel was very reasonable. Every room has a fireplace and jacuzzi and it was very clean. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. It also came with a free hot breakfast and one free cocktail every evening. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay again.

1 Thank lmb8914
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
We continue to look for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you for your support and the kind words involving your visit to the Ashford Suites. It is thru our guest's candor that we grow and continue to find ways to improve.

Thank you for staying at the hotel. We invite you back at any time.

nc
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We had a great romantic stay at the Ashford Suites. The room was very clean , employess were very polite and smiling.The free drink in the lounge was great along with a beautiful bartender (can't remember her name) but she was very nice and attentive. I highly recommend for a quick romantic getaway. Also checkout Steak Street next door. Very good food at reasonable prices.Ashford Suites + Steak Street = a nice quick romantic getaway.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, July 23, 2009
Thank you for entrusting the hotel with the accomodations during your recent visit. We are pleased that the two of you were able to enjoy quality time in an atmosphere that enhanced your committment to one another. The hotel is proud of the relationship with Steak Street and agrees that we have become a viable combination.
Thank you for staying and we look forward to your return.
Chris Adams General Manager
Radisson Hotel High Point
#9 of 14 in High Point
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!