“Not what you pay for”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
north carolina
“Not what you pay for”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

I booked the Honeymoon/ Anniversary getaway package for my 10th wedding anniversay. The website describes a king size deluxe room, romantic getaway, with a fireplace and a jacuzi.
We left after seeing the room, and were given a full refund. It was a small room, with a king size bed crammed into it. A electric fireplace and a jetted bath tub. There was nothing romantic or even cozy about the room at all. The toilet seat was broken as were the shower doors. Yes there was a bottle of champaign, but that does not make for a romantic getway. Very disapointed, we ended up going home and not having anything fun to do for your anniversary.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank elizcarl
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, July 6, 2009
Thank you for taking time to reflect on your brief visit to the hotel. I sincerely apologize that none of the important aspects of your stay were acceptable. Whle we attempt to ensure the comfort of all of our guests, it appears that we were unsuccessful as it related to your important event.

Chris Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

This hotel was suggested to me by a colleague and I am truly glad that Iistened. The staff really made me feel welcome from the first time I walked in until I left. This place has true character. The rooms were larger than I have seen at the other chain hotels, the free drink was an added bonus and the arrangement with The Rush Fitness. I had no complaints and would enthusuastically recommend this hotel to anyone coming in town.
This staff is the best!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, July 3, 2009
We are glad that you made the trip and truly appreciate the kind words about your lodging experience. It is our goal to ensure a quality experience to each of our guests.
We look forward to hosting your next trip in the Triad area.
Noth Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

The Ashford Suites Hotel located in High Point, North Carolina is not only my favorite but a favorite for my family and friends as well. We all live locally but often visit because of the EXCELLENT General Manager (Mr. Chris Adams), Staff, Customer Service, Accomodations, Family Atmosphere, Good Food, Mulligan's Pub, Attention to Detail and these are just to name a few of their qualities.

Everytime I walk into the door it's like a family reunion. When people reconize you, address you by your first name and know what you like and what you don't like, well what more can I say?

Not only have I recommended this hotel to family and friends but I have also referred business associates and prospective business associates to reserve rooms at this hotel when traveling to our area. In the professional world I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Ashford for holding events, programs and seminars.

I am the Senior Account Executive with the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce and I am recommending we hold our New Member Reception at the hotel in addition to other programs and events that are offered through many of our departments within the organization.

Thank you for the opportunity to recommend this hotel and I would never hesitate recommending the Ashford Suites in High Point to anyone.

Most Cordially,
Robin L. Hill

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, July 2, 2009
On behalf of the staff, allow me to thank you for such a glowing review. We are appreciative of your support and recognition of the services provided to our guests.
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

My wife and I had the opportunity to visit High Point, North Carolina, last weekend. We were in the market to purchase furniture for our home and discovered that we needed an additional day to see all High Point had to offer. We decided to stay at the Ashford Suites and were very pleased with the facility and service. The staff was most professional and very accommodating. I hope Ashford Suites are available nationwide in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, June 28, 2009
On behalf of the staff, allow me to thank you for providing the Ashford Suites Hotel an opportunity to host your visit to the Triad area. Further, thank you for taking time to use this forum to articulate your sentiments about the hotel. We take customer feedback very seriously and are heartened by your postive review. Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly in the event that we may provide anything further or host another visit.

Thank you!

Charlotte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

After staying in this hotel, I'm starting to believe that I went to a different hotel since it was not as described in the last reviews. The hotel is in dire need of an upgrade. While I appreciated the amenities (fireplace, hot tub, etc), the hotel just feels abandoned and the employees unconcern. My room had a slight musty scent and the hallways were dark. I'll be staying in a different hotel next time I have to travel to the the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
I am appreciative that you allowed the hotel to provide your accomodations while you were a visitor to High Point, NC. I am disapointed that your experience was such that any further trips to the area will result in staying in another hotel. We would have appreciated the opportunity to have a dialogue while you were a guest to demonstrate our seriousness towards providing a quality experience. We take customer feedback to heart and maintain the position that we are able to get better after hearing what our customers have to say.
Once again, thank you for staying at the Ashford Suites Hotel. I would enjoy the opportunity to further discuss your experience. I can be reached at 336-812-8787

florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

The hotel was a great experience. The rooms were very clean, and the customer service was excellent. The hotel is just a couple of miles from the airport and very convenient to restaurants. Would highly recommend Ashford Suites.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

Really good hotel, especially for someone on a business trip who wants all the comforts and friendliness of home. A really comfy bar with good atmosphere, decent workout facilities, a nice little pool, and a couple of nice restaurants right next door. The staff were really friendly and made me feel attended to. I especially like the free drink on the bar at arrival - very welcome after a flight. I was only there for a couple of days on a business trip, but was almost sorry to leave. Oh, and the buffet breakfast was really good. and free!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Radisson Hotel High Point
#8 of 14 in High Point
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!