“Uniquely different”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Guilford County
“Uniquely different”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at The Ashford a number of times and found it to be uniquely different from any other hotel in the area. Each room has a working fireplace! The king rooms also have a two-person garden which is roomy and very relaxing after a long day of traveling or working. An excellent hot breakfast awaits the guests each morning. The staff from the breakfast man and housekeepers to the management are friendly and helpful. The value is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mpuncg82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Colfax, North Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Room was not the cleanest, bedspread had cigarette bun holes in it. The sliding doors from the shower into the room was not the greatest and at night if you went in the bathroom the light shined through the doors into the room. When I booked the room I asked about AAA discount, but when we checked in I forgot. At check out (13 hrs later), I asked about it and was told no they probably already have it posted. A let me see, I will check, or some sort of interest in helpfulness would have been appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Middlebury Center, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My room was small and dirty. I had to scrub the bathtub before my kids could take a bath. The refrigerator in our room was tiny and barely worked. The pool is tiny...the smallest hotel pool I have ever seen. Overall, I was not pleased.

• Stayed July 2013
business traveller
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Ashford Suites Hotel for a week.
The front desk staff seemed disinterested in providing information and very low energy. No mention of where to eat locally or the hotel events (later saw a sign in lobby regarding events when waiting for someone). The hotel itself is on the verge of being vintage in design. It is also sort of dirty feeling with stains everywhere.
Two positives are the breakfast is nice and the shower heads are old school (not the rain version that saves water).
Annoyances included room cards constantly not working (I kept them away from things that would erase them), cups and plates for breakfast are all styrofoam (seems super un-green), and no real care that an obviously disturbed (for lack of a better term) transient was wondering the hallways. The staff's way of looking for him was to wait for him to appear again in the lobby (I was on top floor when I encountered him). The staff did not inquire if maybe I was freaked out by having come across and then riding elevator with transient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fabufoodie
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was so excited about staying at Ashford Suites a co-worker spoke very highly of the hotel,I made reservation maybe four days in advance,for my anniversary it was a surprise to my husband.Well the afternoon came we checked in the place was packed with children from a soccer tournament and they were out of control!!! At first we said we could handle the kids because they would quite down after playing soccer all day.Not!!!We went to dinner at a restaurant that was walking distance (Steak Street)and returned to find out that the a/c and the refrigerator was not working in our room!!! Thye front desk offered us a bucket of ICE!!! To make a long story short we checked out and we were only there for two hours!!! I asked for a refund and was told I would have to wait until the Manager returned on Tuesday!!! So I don't know if I am going to get my money back!!!!I I will never stay at this place!!! I hope I get my cash back if not I will file a complaint with the BBB!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Lolo619to336
Southern Indiana
Reviewed March 13, 2013

When I called the front desk for a reservation, they quoted me a higher price, so I booked online through one of the discount websites and got a very good rate for the evening. As has been mentioned in other reviews, there were a few little things that could be updated, but overall, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. It was pretty much what I expected. There was nothing really special, but nothing terrible either, and I'd stay here again if I could get a room for about the same price.

The room was nice for the most part, and featured a corner fireplace (really an electric unit with lights and fake logs), with a flat-screen above it, as well as a mini-fridge and microwave, set up in a small sitting area separated from the bed by a half-wall. The breakfast buffet was better than some hotels offer, with the usual dried cereals and juices, plus waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon and tater tots.

There were two issues I had, which may be isolated to the particular room I had. One was an annoying, howling, squealing noise that I suspect was some kind of water pipe/pressure issue. When other visitors started running showers, etc. early in the morning, the noise was loud enough that it woke me up. I rolled over and tried to ignore it, but it just kept on going, so I ended up getting up an hour or so earlier than planned. The other was when I went to iron my clothes, the iron was there, but no ironing board in the closet.

Room Tip: Maybe the back side of the hotel, opposite the parking lot would be more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WanderingPencil
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I were staying at the Crestwood Suites which was an absolute horror, roach infested nightmare in High Point. Do not be fooled by the exterior of this dump! At 4am we called the Ashford Suites Hotel. The overnight employee was very friendly and helpful- he got us a room that was clean, comfortable, and even had a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen tv and fire place! And they have a decent breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, etc). It was such a dream to find this place! And it is a great value!!! Great employees and customer service. I highly recommend this hotel :-)

• Stayed February 2013
Radisson Hotel High Point
#9 of 14 in High Point
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!