“Very nice hotel”

Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We had another hotel down the road reserved, but when we got there we found out that the manager gave our 3 rooms away on a Sat. afternoon. We had 3 families traveling with kids and had to find another hotel.
We called many hotels that afternoon but the front desk person at this hotel listened to our problems and helped us right away she lined us up with 3 rooms next to one another since we were celebrating our parents 50th wedding, she went beyond her job duty and made the rest of our stay very pleasant.
This is a very beautiful hotel and the rooms are very nice each with there own fireplace.
The breakfast was very good! The coffee was great!
I would recommmend this hotel to family and our clients.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2008

not like the advertisement !
Champagne And Chocolates Package At Our Greensboro, NC Hotel...
Who needs cupid when you can woo your sweetheart with this Greensboro, NC hotel package? Get cozy in front of your in-room fireplace, or toast one another with champagne and chocolates. When in it’s time to turn the lights down, you’ll find the Egyptian cotton sheets of your “Dream Bed” sprinkled with rose petals – a truly romantic way to say good night. Send the sparks flying with this exceptionally priced offer, and enjoy benefits that include:
Accommodations in a King Jacuzzi Suite with fireplace
"First Drink's on Us" Cocktail at Mulligan's
Delicious breakfast for two
Champagne on ice with souvenir champagne flutes
Rose Petals sprinkled across your bed
Ghirardelli Chocolates

did not do the rose petals on the bed gave us two chocolates the size of 1 inch squares
the bed was not even turned down!
the room was not worth 150.00 a night

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank trinal69
Reviewed January 2, 2008

When we first checked in we took the key from the front desk and went straight to our room..... There were STILL people in there!!! It was quite embarassing!! So we went back up to the front desk and got a different room. I booked a King size bed Jacuzzi Suite for our anniversary. The "fireplace" consists of a hole in the wall covered with glass containing fake logs, strong space heater and LIGHTS. No FIRE. It was just one big light illusion, not an actual fire place. I was extremely disappointed in that. One could almost call that false advertisement.
I was not impressed by the service at the front desk at all. They seemed rather prying and they tried to charge us 50 dollars over what they had promised us on the phone when we gave them our credit card number. It was however sorted out. The Jacuzzi tub was nice although it didn't stay full for long. The plug was very loose so it would gradually drain with us in it we had to keep filling it back up. And the "Suites" Look like regular hotel rooms with a jacuzzi tub in it. The location however is very nice. Walking distance to a few small restaurants and it's right down the road from an amazing movie theatre (The Palladium). Nice quiet location

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2007

I stayed 2 and a half weeks here (was in High Point on business) I had a large comfortable and clean room with the hugest jacuzzi bathtub I have ever seen (didnt use as there was a water shortage) the staff were friendly, The place is off the highway and there is a fab restaurant next door called Steak Street. I enjoyed the stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank suejayne61
Reviewed September 1, 2007

First, let me say, the people who posted the bad review must have been having a bad day long before reaching this hotel! I was kind of unsure booking this one with it sounding just so perfect. I figured there has to be a flaw! When we got there, I walked into the lobby and just had to catch my breath for a minute. I'm almost glad there was someone in front of me because that gave me time to look! The only one problem was that when I booked online instead of on the phone it saved a room, but not the one I asked for. I asked for a 2Q and it booked me a 1K. No problem though. I think it turned out for the best because there happened to be TWO soccer teams there at the same time, therefore the room they gave me on the 3rd floor instead of 2nd had no children running back and forth playing ball overhead. They didn't have another 2Q non smoking, so I went up to check it out. Sure it would smell, surprised that it DIDN'T!! I took it! I have kids and would not have stayed if it even had an inkling of odor. The kids LOVED the pool ofcourse, we LOVED the four tokens for free drinks in the lounge. We ALL loved the breakfast, yum! Everything, eggs and bacon, too! Not just doughnuts and cereal. The fireplace was cute, too. And I LOVED the Bath&Body Works items. Will remember this place! We were kind of sad to go. And also, I want to say in reference to the comment below. I met "Angel" and he did everything he could to help us out, so accommodating. Everyone!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Nice place for the Triad ... Very professional, friendly staff, nice room and free drinks at the bar. We had absolutely no complaints and would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to High Point.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carpinkly
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights in early July. After reading all of the previous reviews, tdnu's was pretty much on the money. I set up my reservation on line about 10 days before arrival. The website's rate was $20 cheaper than a telephone reservation. Upon arrival, my reservation was not in their computer system and was told that the nightly rate would be $139. I booked my room for $99/nite. I showed my printed reservation with confirmation # to the manager on duty (Dave) and he quickly resolved the situation. Our stay was very good. Overall the hotel is very clean, you always get a nice hello from staff members and our king room was roomy, spotless and had some nice amenities as well as a big bathroom with a double sized jacuzzi tub. We were called back to NY for a family emergency one day before checkout. I informed the manager on duty that day (Penny) that we would need to check out immediately. (This was about 12:30 pm) and had no problem paying for my unused day. Without hesitation, she cancelled the last day no charge and wished us luck and a safe drive home. The website's communication with the front desk computer system was an issue that needs to be looked at, but overall, this hotel is a very good value for your money and the kindness and professionalism showed by the staff was first rate. Good Luck!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
#7 of 14 in High Point
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
1 mi away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!