“Very disappointing - won't go back”
Review of High Point Pizza and Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I read on Trip Advisor that the food was pretty good here, so when I found I could buy a certificate on Restaurant.com for HP Pizza, I bought two. I thought it would be a great way to try it out. I bought two of these certificates on January 14th, 2012. The certificate was for $25 worth of food and drinks but specified you had to buy $35 worth of food and drinks and there would be an additional 18% tip automatically added to that. I thought that would be okay, and like I said, I bought two. I took my family of four, my son's girlfriend and my mom to HP Pizza tonight and was very upset. We were told by the manager that we had to buy $50 of food and drink and the 18% tip would be on top of that or they wouldn't accept it. I tried to show him the certificate I had in hand where they had advertised $25 off $35 but he would not budge. He said they had decided to stop taking the certificates for a while but then decided to accept it if people spent $50 plus 18% tip. That is fraud to me! They advertised on thing, I bought it, and then they changed the rules. It is wrong, immoral and quite frankly is probably illegal. Afterwards I found a friend that had been in and was told they would no longer accept these. One other detail that makes this worse in my mind . . The 18% gratuity that they specify? They don't have waiters/waitresses here. It is fast food style where you get your food from the counter and eat at your table. So the 18% also goes to the restaurant. As Gomer Pyle used to say 'deceitful, deceitful, deceitful!'. I will contact Restaurant.com and try to get my money back.

3  Thank unceddie

Reviewed August 20, 2011

High Point Pizza and Grill has, without question, the best pizza in the area. The staff is friendly, delivery is speedy, prices are very reasonable. We're regulars now.

1  Thank Beth A
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Good food at great prices. Deals are excellent. Service with a smile and quick.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

We went to High Point Pizza & Grill for the first time in April and we have had it just about every weekend since then. Their pizza is delicious. The crust is awesome, the sauce is great and the cheese, oh the cheese is the best cheese ever. Make sure you ask for extra cheese. It is the stringy kind with the great taste. The man who runs the restaurant is very personable and we enjoy going in and talking to him. We have also tried their teriyaki wings and they are delicious. The teriyaki sauce is awesome. I told a friend of mine about this place and she has went every weekend since. Oh and their cheesecake is awesome as well. Please give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Lisa A